Taking a CPAP machine onboard

2 hours ago, Andrea n steven said:

For those that have taken cpap machines on board,  can you tell me if ncl provided the distilled water that is needed please?

Thank you for hour help x

Contact the access desk via phone or web link. https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

If it is not in your stateroom, just ask your room steward. 

• Like 1

Dont forget to bring a long extension cord( 6ft) with you.  DH has a CPAP and brings along extension cord and asked the Help access desk before the cruise for distilled water and just got confirmation yesterday. In his confirmation it said to bring a 6 foot extension cord as the outlets are not near the bed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruisekitty22 said:

Dont forget to bring a long extension cord( 6ft) with you.  DH has a CPAP and brings along extension cord and asked the Help access desk before the cruise for distilled water and just got confirmation yesterday. In his confirmation it said to bring a 6 foot extension cord as the outlets are not near the bed.

Make it at least 10 feet. Because it depends on which side of bed you sleep in.

I have a 15ft cord in my travelling CPAP bag along with several plug adaptors (US to UK, Europe, Australia, etc).

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 1

Last year I filled out the form for water months in advance, but called to check on it 2 weeks before the cruise.  They had no record of my request and just told me to ask the cabin steward for it when I saw him.  They said they don't have a lot on hand, so make sure to ask as soon as you can.  I'm cruising again in 3 weeks and of course forgot to request it more than 30 days in advance, so I'm going to have to harass the cabin steward again.  Definitely bring a long cord.  I'm on the Escape and the outlet is on the opposite side of the room from the beds. 

52 minutes ago, cruisekitty22 said:

Thank you. We have the extension lead and the adaptor as I’m assuming it will be US sockets

22 minutes ago, Julma said:

My husband brings duct tape and puts a piece over the cord at night.  It's a bit of a tripping hazzard without it.

Now thats a great idea i my hubby has the machine but my mobility isnt best 🙄 what a pair we are 😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Julma said:

My husband brings duct tape and puts a piece over the cord at night.  It's a bit of a tripping hazzard without it.

But sometimes the sticky stuff do come off the duct tape onto the carpet when the tape is pulled off, so beware.

That is the reason we do not like to do so.

Edited by bluesea777

1 hour ago, Andrea n steven said:

Unfortunately we will be flying in from the uk. Then straight to ship so no chance to bring our own sadly. 

For our cruise last Sept, I emailed the address given on the FAQ part of NCL website to request distilled water and recieved a confirmation email within a couple of days. The water was in our stateroom when we boarded.

For our Alaska cruise last week, I emailed again. Did not hear anything for two weeks. Called them to follow up on it and spoke with a representative who said they didn't do it by email anymore but she assured me she put a notice on my account to have distilled water in the room.  About two weeks before sailing, I received a confirmation email saying they received my request and water would be in my room. 

When we boarded early afternoon, there was no water in my room. We called guest services right away and requested the water. By 8:30 pm we still didn't have the water. I was exhausted and wanted to go to bed. We asked our room steward to please get the water. We were told they were still waiting for it to be unpacked.  I finally got the water about an hour later.

So your mileage may vary even if you prearrange it. Just check when you arrive and alert them if they don't have any in your room when you get there. 

And in our room, a 6 foot cord would not have reached for me.  There was only one single outlet in the master bedroom and far from my side of the bed. I stretched a 15 ft cord I brought along the top of the bed (behind our pillows) over to my side.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Julma said:

Good Tip!!!!!     I always travel with Duck Tape and recommend everyone should. LOL