Carnival airport shuttle - reliable for early departure?

We need to go from Port Everglades (after our Magic cruise) to Miami International Airport on a Saturday morning. We need to be there around 10 am (not for a flight but to meet other family members).

Uber or Lyft are NOT options for us, so we're looking for a shuttle service. QLS offers the same price, but Carnival's shuttle seems more of a sure thing.

Does any of you have experience with a real early shuttle service from Carnival? Does the 1st shuttle indeed leave at 8.30?

Debarkation will not be a problem if the ship docks on time, we'll do self assist and are Platinum.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, I have experience with Carnival's shuttle service and have been on their first shuttle buses several times. The problem is that  the bus will not leave until it fills up.  One time we waited almost an hour.  I would not use Carnival's shuttle if I had an early flight.  It's too bad that Uber isn't an option.  When I used Uber to go from the Miami port to FLL, I was at the airport before 8:30 am.

I would use a shuttle service other than Carnival's because other shuttles are small, so they can leave much earlier once full.  It takes a long time to fill up a Carnival bus.  It's no big deal if you aren't in a hurry. But if you are, I would look at other options.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Look on the Florida departures board for a list of all of the competitors of QLS so you can make an educated decision.

Thank you. Most shuttle services go from POM or Pt Everglades to FLL airport. 

I'm looking for a different route, which most companies don't offer.

4 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

We need to go from Port Everglades (after our Magic cruise) to Miami International Airport on a Saturday morning. We need to be there around 10 am (not for a flight but to meet other family members).

Uber or Lyft are NOT options for us, so we're looking for a shuttle service. QLS offers the same price, but Carnival's shuttle seems more of a sure thing.

Does any of you have experience with a real early shuttle service from Carnival? Does the 1st shuttle indeed leave at 8.30?

Debarkation will not be a problem if the ship docks on time, we'll do self assist and are Platinum.

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Yes, I have experience with Carnival's shuttle service and have been on their first shuttle buses several times. The problem is that  the bus will not leave until it fills up.  One time we waited almost an hour.  I would not use Carnival's shuttle if I had an early flight.  It's too bad that Uber isn't an option.  When I used Uber to go from the Miami port to FLL, I was at the airport before 8:30 am.

I would use a shuttle service other than Carnival's because other shuttles are small, so they can leave much earlier once full.  It takes a long time to fill up a Carnival bus.  It's no big deal if you aren't in a hurry. But if you are, I would look at other options.

I am usually on the first bus leaving Port Everglades or POM.  It does not always wait until it is full.  The bus leaves when the dispatchers checking in people tell them to go.  I have been on a half full bus and I have been on a full bus.  A private shuttle would be less stressful.  

29 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

What is your issue with Uber or Lyft? We literally used them 100 times, absolutely love them, usually much cheaper than taxis.

8 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

I am usually on the first bus leaving Port Everglades or POM.  It does not always wait until it is full.  The bus leaves when the dispatchers checking in people tell them to go.  I have been on a half full bus and I have been on a full bus.  A private shuttle would be less stressful.  

That's definitely good to know that they sometimes leave before they are full.  I have never been that lucky.  I've been on 12 cruises and 9 of them I used the ship's first shuttle bus to the airport.  None of them left before they were full.  It would have been nice.

5 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Found what you need.   You did not say how large a party you are, so the two quotes are for SUV's.  First Class Limo will take 7 passengers with carry ons and 5 large bags for 119 total.   Moveo will take 6 passengers with carry ons and 6 large bags for 125 total.  Here is the link.  If you don't need an SUV, there are sedan options.  EDIT:  For the price difference, even if there are only 2 or 3 of you, get the SUV.  https://booking.airportshuttles.com/search?start_address=Port Everglades%2C Eller Drive%2C Fort Lauderdale%2C FL%2C USA&end_address=Miami International Airport&pickup_datetime=06%2F10%2F2019 01%3A00 PM&mode=one_way&num_passengers=1&currency=USD&return_pickup_datetime=06%2F17%2F2019 01%3A00 PM&ref=airportshuttles

Edited by SNJCruisers
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Found what you need.   You did not say how large a party you are, so the two quotes are for SUV's.  First Class Limo will take 7 passengers with carry ons and 5 large bags for 119 total.   Moveo will take 6 passengers with carry ons and 6 large bags for 125 total.  Here is the link.  If you don't need an SUV, there are sedan options.  EDIT:  For the price difference, even if there are only 2 or 3 of you, get the SUV.  https://booking.airportshuttles.com/search?start_address=Port Everglades%2C Eller Drive%2C Fort Lauderdale%2C FL%2C USA&end_address=Miami International Airport&pickup_datetime=06%2F10%2F2019 01%3A00 PM&mode=one_way&num_passengers=1&currency=USD&return_pickup_datetime=06%2F17%2F2019 01%3A00 PM&ref=airportshuttles

There are 2 of us and this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!!