Royal Princess in Alaska June 8, 2019

PandaBear62

Thank you so much for all of the info and pictures! We will be on the Royal Princess in 2 weeks and we're so excited! We are bringing our sons, 19 and 15, and I'm trying to save packing space and reduce the pairs of shoes we bring. Can anyone tell me if the shoes on the right will be acceptable in the MDR or if we need to bring the shoes on the left? (We will skip formal nights.) I'd like to bring a pair he may actually wear someplace other than dinner. Thank you!

image.jpeg

My 16 year old will be wearing tennis shoes in the MDR. We will bring a pair of khaki pants but we aren’t going to pack extra clothes/shoes just for suppers. You should feel free to eat in the MDR on formal nights too. You paid for it if you want it. 

My, that is beautiful! A cute couple! 

15 hours ago, PandaBear62 said:

Another perk....the photographer was taking pictures in front of the glacier and we got one free for being a Sanctuary guest. 

Definitely a great day!

4FF2790C-CE3C-414C-8270-9D39776E532B.jpeg

And thanks for all the menus and patters. Very helpful! 

Not a problem at all with the shoes. I never take dress shoes on a cruise. I take a nice pair of tennis shoes (after all you are on a ship) which I wear mostly ashore and in the MDR. I also pack sandals which I wear most of the time elsewhere on the ship. I have never been turned down wearing the tennis shoes when going into the dining room even on formal nights. No worries.

Enjoy your cruise.  

4 hours ago, shellindc said:

Panda, did you do any excursions other than your train trip? We just booked this ship for next summer and the excursion choices are proving to be the most difficult for us to figure out/research/book. 

TIA! 

We did not. We decided to play it by ear. I have another thread specifically posting about  the  train trip portion, and i am posting all the info there. I will have the activities available at each hotel we stay at. 

Thanks for all of the great info.  Planning to travel with three teens to Alaska on Royal next summer and pool deck ice cream is crucial! I didn’t notice any hours for Swirls on the patters - was Swirls open and operating?

Thank you  PandaBear62 for all this wonderful info!  We leave on the Royal in just a few weeks...…...how was your experience with Ocean Medallion and the apps?  We are all "Ocean Ready", but trying to do the apps......it's not letting me, do you need separate accounts for each person?  We only have 1 e mail address that we share, and the apps are asking for e mail.   Thanks!!