Sound Level in Crooners, Wheelhouse

Tedferg

4 hours ago, firecrewcapt said:

Sure is a whole bunch of whining and complaining here. You think the music is too loud, better not cruise on the new HAL ships, Nieuw Statendam or Koningsdam because they have 3 music venues, Rolling Stone Rock Room/Billboard On Board/BB Kings Blues Club they all ROCK with great music for all ages and it's loud, ROCK ON. Another venue is shared with BB Kings it's the Lincoln Center stage for the classical music and very subdued but great performers. That's my .02 worth.

That is the one of the purposes of these forums. Better not read these is they bother you.

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

yes, on the Regal, the talent in Crooners would stop as soon as the atrium activities kicked in and up

simply announced they would be back as soon as the 'activity' in the atrium stopped ...

So it's non stop blasting of music without a pause in between. 

Just what I want to avoid. 

Just wanting to sit there & enjoy an IC dessert with a coffee and some "relaxing" music is next to impossible. 

Lots of folks out there who dislike the constant barrage of sound, the excessive volume in the theater, and the bright lights in their faces. Hardly anybody who actually sends their complaints to customerrelations@princesscruises.com

The survey is a good place to voice these concerns but the separate email to the above address definitely does get noted. I've had them call me a couple of times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I too suffered from overly loud volume.  One day I noticed the guys in the Princess Orchestra wore ear plugs when performing.  I asked one guy about it...he always uses earplugs.  So...I went to Amazon and ordered ear plugs specifically designed for loud music frequency range. I pop them in before the “noise” starts.  Wonderful...I hear things at a more natural level plus...I can still hear my wife yacking in my ear.  I now consider them as my most important item when packing for a cruise.

Edited by Ektrax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I understand.  On our last Princess cruise, I went to an outside bar while DW went to a cooking show.  Watching the waves, listening to the ocean with an adult beverage is certainly at the top of my love-to-do list.  Then the music came on.  It seemed to be the long, loud, Caribbean version of "Send me the pillow that you dream on."  After about 20 minutes, it became clear the song was on a loop.  We asked the bartender if he could call someone and tell them.  He said it wasn't his dept. 

Later, we went to Skywalkers for dancing after dinner.  The DJ was laying loud boompa boompa sounds.   The dance floor was empty.  I watched as several people walked into the lounge and turned away.  Those who stayed were overwhelmingly boomers like me.  I asked if he could play some Motown, Rolling Stones, Doobie Bros or something like that.  I forget what he played but it was from that era and the dance floor was crowded.   He then went back to the boompa boompa sounds and most of us left.

11 hours ago, Ektrax said:

I too suffered from overly loud volume.  One day I noticed the guys in the Princess Orchestra wore ear plugs when performing.  I asked one guy about it...he always uses earplugs.  So...I went to Amazon and ordered ear plugs specifically designed for loud music frequency range. I pop them in before the “noise” starts.  Wonderful...I hear things at a more natural level plus...I can still hear my wife yacking in my ear.  I now consider them as my most important item when packing for a cruise.

I've suffered from the same thing for years now & have also resorted to ear plugs.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's a hearing impairment that causes some of us to hear the sounds unnecessarily loud. 

I know that I do need a hearing aid (someday) but never considered that the loudness issue might be caused my degrading hearing loss.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 1:47 PM, Thrak said:

Lots of folks out there who dislike the constant barrage of sound, the excessive volume in the theater, and the bright lights in their faces. Hardly anybody who actually sends their complaints to customerrelations@princesscruises.com

The survey is a good place to voice these concerns but the separate email to the above address definitely does get noted. I've had them call me a couple of times.

Today I got a phone call follow up to my email to customer relations. They said a file had been opened and it would be two weeks or so for a response.

On 6/12/2019 at 4:47 PM, Thrak said:

I have not yet done my Regal Baltic review (disembarked on June 12th), but I did just compose an email to CR per the above and we shall see.  Not trying to spoil Martyn Moss's ideas and efforts, but the volume is just way over the top and scheduling rock band type events in Piazza is just not right IMO.