Is deck 14 on oasis that bad?

I just saw a post where several ppl suggested staying away from deck 14: I currently have an extra large balcony in the middle of the ship. Should I try and switch decks? We were on the freedom, 1 floor below the main buffet and we never heard noise.

18 hours ago, Tam.daelynn said:

I just saw a post where several ppl suggested staying away from deck 14: I currently have an extra large balcony in the middle of the ship. Should I try and switch decks? We were on the freedom, 1 floor below the main buffet and we never heard noise.

Sounds like you are on one of the humps. You will have the main pool or the H2o splash zone and all the loungers above you. We have had first hump deck 12, 12200 and 12196 and never heard a thing.  It would be a easy switch to drop a deck and put the concern behind you.  happy cruising

Are you or your companions very noise sensitive?  If so, the noise from the deck above may be unpleasant.  Also be aware during early morning deck cleaning you may hear deck chair being dragged about...or you may not notice it in your cabin.  Of course, you could also have a colicky baby in the next door no matter where you stay, so pack earplugs just in case you need them.  

Staying below a public deck usually means a higher risk of noise than if you are surrounded by passenger cabins, but no location is guaranteed to be silent.  DH and I are reasonable noise tolerant, so we would not sweat being on deck 14, though if a similar cabin came available on a lower deck, I might well swap.