Internet loyalty credit on Medallion ship

wlbox

We are platinum level and get free internet minutes on Princess.  Medallion cruising  is new to us.  Do we still go to Internet Cafe on arrival to get free minutes added to our phone?   Or is there a new process?    Thanks 

I didn't go to the internet café...if you know the website to go to (it was on a flyer in our cabin) I just went there logged in and it recognized me as platinum and applied my free minutes. I did it on my phone or ipad...just had to make sure I signed off one before getting on the other as it is limited to one device at a time per log on.  So if you and your travel companion are both platinum you can both log on to 2 different devices but 1 person can not log on to 2 devices at the same time unless you pay for the multi device internet.  I say this only because some like to stream movies, news etc while also on another device doing emails and such.

Getting your internet credit applied is as simple as logging into the ship's internet (e.g. open your browser to a common page like Google.com, and the ship's system will intercept and start account setup).  They will ask you to set up a name & password and will provide a selection for you to apply your minutes to the login account (or in some cases, allow purchase of more).  Simple, easy.

As advice, please make sure you always log off each session, for if you don't logoff it will burn up internet minutes just for the connection.

Note: the Internet Cafe will have an information sheet (no need to stay in line) on how to use the ship's INTRAnet, and logging into the internet.

Edited by Times Prince
added info

18 minutes ago, wlbox said:

The Internet cafe personal added an icon to my phone which makes it easier to log off.  It says Princess at Sea.  Will this still work?  

Princess At Sea no longer exists on ships with Medallion Net.  It has been  replaced with Ocean Concierge.   Probably best to delete that app.  If your cruise is MEDALLION CLASS ... Have you installed the Ocean Ready app, you should and set it all up in advance.  You can even have your medallions sent to your home prior to the cruise.

1 hour ago, wlbox said:

We are platinum level and get free internet minutes on Princess.  Medallion cruising  is new to us.  Do we still go to Internet Cafe on arrival to get free minutes added to our phone?   Or is there a new process?    Thanks 

Pretty much the same process as always. The choices pop up during the purchase process on your device. No need to visit the Internet Cafe.

Examples of options from our recent MedallionNet options for passengers eligible for free minutes.  In advance anyone could purchase an unlimited 14 day plan for $120 which was discounted 25% in lieu of the free minutes during the first 24 hours of the cruise.

B6816353-B210-4F47-8EE0-5AEAA43C9D89.png

13FD84B9-515E-4659-B662-A56BC3385E3C.png

Edited by Astro Flyer