Removing a booked guest from Carnival - what's the smartest course these days?

Don Kehote

What is the current train of thought with regards to the sudden...uninviting...of a cabin guest?

It was an early saver booking for this December, about 60% has been put in on it (that includes taxes and gratuities).

I do not see getting another person to join in the fun, and just doing a name change, so that's pretty much a non-starter. Anyway, the person remaining in the cabin is quite fine with going solo.

Is it smarter to no-show, or to just call and remove the other one?

Guess I don't know what else info is useful.  Don't really want to call CCL until I get some opinions and ideas. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Don Kehote said:

What is the current train of thought with regards to the sudden...uninviting...of a cabin guest?

It was an early saver booking for this December, about 60% has been put in on it (that includes taxes and gratuities).

I do not see getting another person to join in the fun, and just doing a name change, so that's pretty much a non-starter. Anyway, the person remaining in the cabin is quite fine with going solo.

Is it smarter to no-show, or to just call and remove the other one?

Guess I don't know what else info is useful.  Don't really want to call CCL until I get some opinions and ideas. 

Thanks!

Hi,

I just had this problem occur with myself and my granddaughter.  Our cruise is this Sunday and she had an unfortunate accident two weeks ago.  We thought she might be able to recover and cruise but that's not going to happen.  I called Carnival last week 10 days out and they said to remove a guest is $250.  I don't know how soon your cruise is but there may be some sort of cost.  They could not recommend that the guest not show up to save the $250 as we were being recorded but that is what I said to the cruise planner.  She pretty much agreed.  I think that sucks because all it is a guest removal from the manifest and not a name change. 

I am a platinum cruiser and got no leeway on this matter. 

I hope it works out better for you situation.

linda

5 hours ago, JennVT said:

Hypothetically, what would happen if you booked with an offer that gave the second guest a reduced fare and did a no show? Would the fare of the now solo cruiser go up?

The fare might go up so best to be a "no show".  However, does Carnival ever have reduced fares for 2nd guest?

the best option would be a no-show.  You will get the port taxes / fees back for the missing person.  If you were to cancel ahead of time, Carnival could (not necessarily would) keep the fees paid for the 2nd person in the room, cancel their booking and then re-price the fare for the single in the room.  Solo's are typically charged double the rate.  So effectively, you could lose the money paid already on the booking plus have to pay additional for the 2nd occupant on the solo rate.

On 6/18/2019 at 12:10 PM, 4ME2CRUZ said:

Hi,

I just had this problem occur with myself and my granddaughter.  Our cruise is this Sunday and she had an unfortunate accident two weeks ago.  We thought she might be able to recover and cruise but that's not going to happen.  I called Carnival last week 10 days out and they said to remove a guest is $250.  I don't know how soon your cruise is but there may be some sort of cost.  They could not recommend that the guest not show up to save the $250 as we were being recorded but that is what I said to the cruise planner.  She pretty much agreed.  I think that sucks because all it is a guest removal from the manifest and not a name change. 

I am a platinum cruiser and got no leeway on this matter. 

I hope it works out better for you situation.

linda

You’re right, it was a guest removal, but technically a cancellation. The reason behind the fee was, you were past your final payment date. After that, there’s higher penalties involved. And someone’s loyalty status has nothing to do with it. P/D’s aren’t given preferential treatment in regards to this. It’s all about the rate you book.