Dining Package and a la carte

Glen&Kathy

Hello fellow cruisers!  One of the freebies for our cruise was a dining package yet I noticed some of the restaurants don't have a flat fee but are a la carte.  Does anyone know how that works?  Is the package say $25 towards dinner or does it cover the entire cost of the dinner?

I searched and came up empty handed

Thanks!

Glen

In my experience, the dining package entitles you to an entire meal at one of the specialty restaurants (per person) for the number of nights the package they've given you is for (7-day cruise gets 3 per person).  App, Entree, and dessert. 

There may be up-charges on top of what the package gets you if the item you are ordering is a premium item, though my wife and I never ran into a case of this happening.  There are some specialty restaurants that might also incur an up-charge (I believe Ocean Blue on the Breakaway is one of these).  

2 minutes ago, rlong405 said:

Usually the dining package will give you one appetiser, one main course and one dessert. There may be some items on the menu with an upcharge but most will be covered. 

Perfect!  Thanks so much!!

With the dining package, you can have unlimited apps, sides, and desserts. You must pay extra if you want an extra entree. This is what is specified in the terms of the package, and that is how it has always worked for me.

• Like 1

Unlimited apps and deserts.  Just had 3 apps on Bistro a few days ago.  The only time there is a restriction is if you are using the platinum perk (1 app and 1 desert), but even then they don’t enforce it.

The actual terms only specify that you are limited to one entre. No limit on apps or desserts. However, some people do get told different things by their servers on board. The confusion mainly seems to come from the differences between the specialty dining package and the free meals for Platinum Latitudes members. Those meals do limit diners to one app, one entre, and one dessert.

On 6/18/2019 at 2:06 PM, LrgPizza said:

With the dining package, you can have unlimited apps, sides, and desserts. You must pay extra if you want an extra entree. This is what is specified in the terms of the package, and that is how it has always worked for me.

The terms indicate one entree at Cagney's and LeBistro, not at any other Specialty restaurant. I just pulled the information last week. 

Specialty Dining Package

Specialty Dining Packages include one main course per person at Cagney's and Le Bistro restaurants. Additional main courses will be charged at the a la carte price listed on the menu.

I plan to try a couple of entrees at La Cucina. 

Edited by Nola26

20 minutes ago, Nola26 said:

I plan to try a couple of entrees at La Cucina.

The one restaurant where you could easily over-eat as there are 4 menu sections to select from (antipasta, pasta, entree, dessert).  I ended up with a 4-course meal and struggled to eat my entire dessert, and I'm not a person that's afraid to eat or over-eat.

On 6/18/2019 at 10:58 AM, rlong405 said:

Usually the dining package will give you one appetiser, one main course and one dessert. There may be some items on the menu with an upcharge but most will be covered. 

Not sure which ship, but someone reported they got two appetizers and two sides.  I think it is different ship to ship and server to server.  It will be a little easier on everyone, if NCL would define what folks can get.