2019 Policy RE: Bringing Soda Aboard

Luvsnorkeling

Non alcoholic beverages are not permitted. This is from the Celebrity website of what you can NOT bring onboard... 

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • **Aerial Drones
  • Candles & Incense
  • ***Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • ****Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
  • Potentially hazardous food and/or food that requires refrigeration. 

Note:

14 minutes ago, LovetheSea said:

Non alcoholic beverages are not permitted. This is from the Celebrity website of what you can NOT bring onboard... 

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • **Aerial Drones
  • Candles & Incense
  • ***Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • ****Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
  • Potentially hazardous food and/or food that requires refrigeration. 

Note:

Well, you just keep on believing whatever you see on Celebrity's website (which is notoriously inaccurate) and the rest of us will keep believing what actual cruisers report and experience, which is the whole point of Cruise Critic.  I note that there are 4 asterisks by the Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages category you quoted, but you chose not to show what the asterisks were.

• Like 1

****Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

(and by the way, my experience is that none of the statements covered by the 4 asterisks bear any resemblance to reality....we have never been stopped taking port purchases to our cabin and we've brought on board and checked a case of wine at embarkation)

Time to re-read post 22 🙂

Edited by ghstudio

We've been stopped when taking booze onboard at ports but allowed to take it to the cabin when we explained we would not be consuming it onboard.

Wine at embarkation, no problem.

Bait knife, filleting knife and scissors in a fishing tackle box clearly 'checked out' by security who've obviously been through my suitcase every time I take it was not confiscated. The staff have some common sense! 

5 hours ago, Mynki said:

Bait knife, filleting knife and scissors in a fishing tackle box clearly 'checked out' by security who've obviously been through my suitcase every time I take it was not confiscated. The staff have some common sense! 

Took my cork screw. Got it back at the end cruise.

Returned from a cruise on June 3 and had no problem taking pepsi products on that were in our luggage.

Did meet someone that was called to the naughty room because they didn't know what his wife's 1970's electric hair rollers were!  He was quite amused!

I was called down to security once. Shortly after embarkation.They were really very rude about the whole thing. They said I have some sort of knife in my suitcase. I didn't.  But I had to open it up and they rifled through my whole suitcase and never found my supposed knife. It didn't really bother me much. Made me feel better they are checking these things. They could have been nicer. Innocent until proven guilty! My husband has had beer taken from him returning from port. There was a big table with a lot of beer wine and alcohol that they had taken from people. When I get to Alaska in a couple of weeks, I plan to get a six pack of water and bring it onboard. I really don't think I will have a problem. Happy Cruiser... I was just posting the Celebrity's policy on the website. I never said they always adhere to it. 

From experience: my sister took a 12-pack of Diet Pepsi on board Eclipse out of San Diego two months ago. She taped a luggage tag on it, the porter took it,  and it was delivered to her cabin. As well, I have seen people bring their cases of soda on board as carry-ons on embarkation day (out of Seattle).

• 4 weeks later...

Reporting back here - on my cruise, during embarkation, we carried a 24-pack of 16 oz bottles of water, and no one cared. This was in addition to 2 bottles of wine, which also was not objected to at all. This was as part of carry on luggage, and involved running the liquids through an X-Ray machine, where again, no one raised an eyebrow... such a rarity in the day of TSA controlled checkpoints!

OK

a) Does anyone actually bring paint on board?

b) What is a dangerous food?  A cabbage that jumps off the plate and mugs you for your sea pass? 

Admittedly my missus makes something so special that it brings a lump to your throat.

The only thing dangerous about food onboard the ship are (IMHO) the prices.