Riviera Penthouse Specialty Restaurants

Misssmb

We booked a penthouse cabin for a 10 day cruise in November. It says we get one reservation at each restaurant but it says we can get our butler to serve us dinner from those restaurants too. We were wondering if that means we can get it served in addition to our 4 reservations?  Like if we already have a reservation at Toscana, can we still get it delivered another night? 

Yes.  It’s in addition to.

But, if you prefer to eat again in one of the 4 restaurants, ask your butler to try to book you.  Chances are he’ll succeed if your flexible about time, and if you’re willing to join others at a table.  We did and had no trouble at all.  

You’re butler can do things you can’t do ‘cause he knows how to do it.  Use him.

😄😄😄

• Like 2

9 months and counting on our 3 cruises starting in March for 2 months!!!!

We originally had a concierge veranda and through O’s CC opinions onboard we decided to go for a PH for the same reason with specialty restaurants and the Butler.

Denise😊

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. Last year we went on the Marina and booked a concierge room but received a last-minute deal to upgrade to a penthouse for $500. We took it and after having that walk in closet, it is too hard to book less! Haha!  That was only a seven night cruise and we were in a different port every day, so having one night in each specialty worked out great!  This time we’re going on a 10 night and to be honest, we weren’t blown away from the grand dining room and preferred the specialty restaurants. So, being able to get that awesome food served to us in our room or on a balcony, is something we will probably take advantage of this time! I’m so excited!! We also upgraded to the Prestige beverage package and our butler did bring us champagne every day at 4pm with chocolate covered strawberries!! 😍🍾🍓

• Like 1

Love your attitude!  You obviously know how to enjoy yourselves and understand what is important for you.  We have been totally spoiled by Oceania.  Don't know why; but we've been offered amazing upgrades on two of our three cruises - once from PH to Vista Suite and once from PH to Oceania Suite.  The first time, we had booked the cruise ourselves.  The second was with a TA and we keep reminding her that we would take an upgrade.  Well, here's where it pays off for Oceania - we booked an Oceania Suite for our Caribbean cruise for next winter.  It's one of those, "once you've experienced it, you won't go back" situations.  The large closet, the huge luxurious bathroom (and a half), wraparound balcony, bar setup, and BUTLER.  We get a hot breakfast served in our suite nearly every day and do order from the specialties in room a few times.  Is this heaven?  Pretty darn close.

• Like 1

Wow! I better not stay in one of those or I will be totally spoiled. Last time we booked a guarantee concierge and this time we did the same with the penthouse. Both times I booked with a travel agent. I wasn’t going to this time, but the company she works for was offering 10% off for past guests and we have only done one so far. Do you mind me asking how much they offered you the upgrade for? I’m so excited that I wish it was November, but I don’t want to wish summer away. Cheers! 

E39FEF65-2347-4DA8-9CB5-CBD244071505.jpeg

There are a lot of factors in the price of an upgrade. One of them is how long is the cruise? Another is how many of those rooms do they need to fill? Another is do they want your room.? They are more likely to want a B grade room than a Concierge. Then again as I said there are a lot of factors. 

Unless the person you are trying to compare the price to is on your specific cruise then it's pretty useless. The best way is to look at what the price difference is between what you are paying and the list price of the room you are being offered. If it works for you then do it. 

Then there's also the information that Jan posted a few weeks ago that there's a whole new crew in Revenue Management and it's kind of like the stock market mantra;

Past performance is no indicator of future results.