Honeymoon Questions (Equinox)

keensie

Hey! 

I'm going on my first cruise (Equinox - western Carribean) for our honeymoon in November . We chose a Sky Suite and was wondering if noting "honeymoon" on our reservation is enough notification or should we mention it when boarding to get a little something extra in our suite (if that's even a thing)? Looking to make it the best possible romantic experience, so any tips or tricks you may have (restaurants, areas of the ship, where to spend OBC, excursions - key west, cozumel, costa maya, and grand caymen). 

Thanks in advance :) 

Edited by keensie

I’m not sure if Celebrity does anything or not, but you could bring some things with you to add to the ambiance in your suite. I always bring some of the little battery tea candles and a nice aroma diffuser to make the cabin smell nice. They are small and lightweight to pack. Just be aware you can’t bring real candles or air fresheners or diffusers that plug in as they have a heating element.

Also you could book a dinner at the Murano restaurant on board. The food is excellent and the decor and service are wonderful. The lobster, chateaubriand, Dover sole and crepe dessert are all prepared tableside, with the lobster and crepes being flambeed also. It makes for a very special and romantic dinner. 

Mary Ann

• Like 2

11 hours ago, keensie said:

Hey! 

I'm going on my first cruise (Equinox - western Carribean) for our honeymoon in November . We chose a Sky Suite and was wondering if noting "honeymoon" on our reservation is enough notification or should we mention it when boarding to get a little something extra in our suite (if that's even a thing)? Looking to make it the best possible romantic experience, so any tips or tricks you may have (restaurants, areas of the ship, where to spend OBC, excursions - key west, cozumel, costa maya, and grand caymen). 

Thanks in advance 🙂

In addition to noting it on your reservation have a word with the Retreat Host. Often best if only one of you sees her/him and says you would like to arrange something special for your better half as it is your honeymoon. Try to have a specific idea of what you would like...

For example,

To be invited to dine with an officer.

A special bottle of bubbly and a cake one evening.

Chocolate strawberries delivered to your room.

As you can imagine many guests cruise to celebrate something special so don’t expect too much! Celebrity do offer a ‘gift’ range including flowers, search on the website and see if there is anything extra you would like to order.

As a suite guests you will experience some special events anyway. Ask the concierge to list you for a bridge tour, a theatre tour or a galley tour. There is usually one helipad sail away event and several Michael’s/Retreat events including a meet the officers event. Look out for letters, phone messages etc.

Murano’s definitely has a wonderful romantic atmosphere, well worth booking one night.  Tuscan with its wonderful wake views is also nice for a relaxing meal. Although your suite doesn’t have an in room dining table it should have a reasonable sized table on the balcony. Why not speak to your butler and arrange to dine on your balcony one night? You can order off the MDR menu. Make sure you tell him you want the food serving course by course.

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful honeymoon....

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, keensie said:

Hey! 

Thanks in advance 🙂

I would mention this to your travel agent.  We have received special gifts from our travel agent such as a nice bottle of wine.

In addition, I would support dining at a specialty restaurant and use up some of the OBC in that way.  In Grand Cayman, I would book a trip to Stingray City which could include snorkeling on the trip.

I would recommend that in Grand Cayman to rent a Cabana at Royal Palms Beach Club. There are both beach and poolside cabanas available.  I think they would be quite romantic for you.   https://royalpalmscayman.com/cruising/

Seven Mile beach is the most beautiful beach i have ever seen.  Your other choices for the day in Grand Cayman are Calico Jacks which is a typical beach bar, and Cemetary Beach which is beautiful but lacks amenities.  There are also several public access points along 7 mile beach that you can throw down a towel and enjoy the beautiful water...it really is that spectacular. 

We did not note when it was honeymoon, but when on the Reflection for our anniversary, we did.  We said nothing when boarding, it was only noted in our reservation.   We were surprised with with a special dessert while dining in the Tuscan Grill that night!  

I agree with mentioning it to the Retreat Concierge when they greet you on the first day.  I personally wouldn't ask for anything specific in regards to recognizing your honeymoon.  I'd also mention it to your butler when they greet you as well.  I agree with others that dining in Murano can make a very special evening, the Retreat Concierge make those reservations for you.  If you are interested in tours etc you should mention that to them as well.  Touring the galley is not exactly the way I would want to spend my honeymoon 🙂

Edited by wrk2cruise

Also mention it to your butler.  We cruised during my wife's birthday and I casually told our butler of our Sky Suite.  On the day of her birthday we came back from an excursion to find the room decorated with balloons and some nice treats too.  I did not specifically request anything.  Also we dined in a Specialty that night and they came with a cake and candles for desert.  He earned his tip that trip!