Armonia 2020 itineraries

deniseatnycs

Hi all

We are booked on the Armonia on the 13th January 2020.   As we booked via the U.K. it was a long time before we got confirmation that the Cuba port stops would not be happening.

I have emailed a couple of times (MSC U.K.)  re new schedule for 2020 but nothing so far.  If anyone has any advance notice could they please let me know, we have flights into Miami booked so pretty stuck but we could sail the day before/after if we end up with 3 sea days or 2 and a port we really don't like to revisit.

Many thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

They seem to be offering only one itinerary in Jan 2020;

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruisesonmscarmonia-jan2020.html

Thank you Esslesmom.    Its reading as the 17th to 20th at sea (unless I am reading it wrong) also strange that every stateroom is sold out which is a bit odd.  Looks like we will have to wait a while longer.

Denise

5 hours ago, deniseatnycs said:

Thank you Esslesmom.    Its reading as the 17th to 20th at sea (unless I am reading it wrong) also strange that every stateroom is sold out which is a bit odd.  Looks like we will have to wait a while longer.

Denise

I think the sold out situation is because a lot of people (like me) were waiting to see what would happen to fares as people who booked to go to Cuba were making up their minds whether to cancel.  I booked for late August this year at a very good rate, knowing we would not be going to Cuba.  After final payment date.  And guess what?  We got the $400 OBC that they are giving those because they are no longer going to Cuba.  Might be a function of cabin category, too.  Bella inside was $299pp.  I opted for Fantastica OV.  Fare for one of us was less than the OBC.  EM

4 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Have you tried emailing the operations team dealing with the Armonia itinerary changes? We were booked for November and they were very helpful. 

Just doubled checked and that's the department I've been in contact with.  Are you still booked for November?

4 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Yes and no. We moved our booking to a sailing on Seaside, sailing Saturday instead of Monday though. Like most, we'd only booked for Cuba so we decided we'd try Seaside as the itinerary now becomes very similar. 

I was looking at changing to  the Seaside on Sunday the 12th but its the day we fly in and we are scheduled to land around 2 p.m. on an Esta  so really tight time wise when we have to take immigration into consideration. 

I just went on MSC U.K. to check on the disembarkation time for the 12th and wow there is the sailing for the 13th on the Armonia!    I contacted them as late as Friday and they had no idea, never mind at least we know now.  Sticking with Armonia as there is no other option for us other than cancelling altogether and booking with another cruise line for the 12 but we would loose our deposit.

We have a cruise, we have OBC and a drinks package so not complaining, now to planning excursions etc.

Thanks to everyone for your help  (new itinerary)

Day   1 Monday, 13 Jan 2020 Miami, United States - 18:00
Day   2 Tuesday, 14 Jan 2020 At sea - -
Day   3 Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020 Falmouth, Jamaica 12:00 18:00
Day   4 Thursday, 16 Jan 2020 George Town, Cayman Islands 08:00 14:00
Day   5 Friday, 17 Jan 2020 Costa Maya, Mexico 11:00 19:00
Day   6 Saturday, 18 Jan 2020 At sea - -
Day   7 Sunday, 19 Jan 2020 Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, Bahamas 09:00 23:00
Day   8 Monday, 20 Jan 2020 Miami, United States
  • Like 1

A 2pm landing would be very tight, any weather or immigration delay and your cruise is toast!

We contemplated moving the deposit to an entirely different cruise but already have 2020 planned. We were fortunate that unusually, we hadn't already booked our flights and we'd added the Cuba cruise onto a holiday in USA already booked due to it being a VC sailing at a very good price. We wanted to sail on Seaside so it paired nicely. We do not go to any new places but it will be the Caribbean, nice and warm and it's a cruise. So, I'm sure, as you will, we'll have a super time 😎