Cruising on the Magic!

Wolfsrule

Just booked a cruise on the Magic for September 6-12 of next year going to Amber Cove, Grand Turk, and Half moon cay Bahamas.

Anyone done this particular cruise (I’ve never been to any of these ports) and how do y’all like the Magic? I’ve previously been on the Dream (same class) in 2016, and the Conquest just a few weeks ago.

we are on deck 2 ocean view. Curious about that as well cause I’ve never been below deck 6, I like being able to feel the ship rock, can you feel it that low?

I’m so excited!!

69E6C652-5A1B-4734-B6E8-2C7430C3A465.jpeg

Edited by Wolfsrule

Haven't been on the Magic- but you could easily not book an excursion at any of these ports, if that's your thing.  Both Grand Turk and Half Moon are easy beach days, and Amber Cove has the pool right there.

If you do like excursions- look into the waterfalls at Amber Cove- I haven't done it yet, but it looks awesome, and something different than the usual cruise stuff

Been on the Magic once and going again in August! First time out, we went to Grand Turk and Amber Cove. Both are as purplephenom says, easy ports to hang by the port's pool without having to go on an excursion if you don't want to. In Amber Cove, we saw, played some of the games they have out (like gigantic chess), rode the waterslide and paid for a snack at the restaurant. Similar activities in Grand Turk, but sub beach for waterslides. 

Visiting HMC for the first time in August, so if I remember, I will post back after that cruise!

dctravel

25 minutes ago, dctravel said:

Been on the Magic once and going again in August! First time out, we went to Grand Turk and Amber Cove. Both are as purplephenom says, easy ports to hang by the port's pool without having to go on an excursion if you don't want to. In Amber Cove, we saw, played some of the games they have out (like gigantic chess), rode the waterslide and paid for a snack at the restaurant. Similar activities in Grand Turk, but sub beach for waterslides. 

Visiting HMC for the first time in August, so if I remember, I will post back after that cruise!

dctravel

Hope you have an awesome time!

Everyone has their favorites. Personally, I like the Magic much, MUCH more than the Conquest. As far as movement, you don't feel as much motion the lower you go. You may be disappointed in that aspect. 

We've been on the Magic twice, going again in September. It is by FAR my favorite ship in the fleet. It has a lot of activities, plenty of space. It doesn't feel crowded for the quantity of people on the ship. 

Also, we have been to Grand Turk and Amber Cove. Grand Turk is great. Get off the ship, grab some seats with an umbrella and call it a day. Or do an excursion, have some fun if that is more your speed. As for Amer cove, we have only been there one time, we just got off the ship to walk around and see what it was all about. It was the first stop we did and it was a relatively new port.

1 hour ago, k9_Cop said:

We've been on the Magic twice, going again in September. It is by FAR my favorite ship in the fleet. It has a lot of activities, plenty of space. It doesn't feel crowded for the quantity of people on the ship. 

Also, we have been to Grand Turk and Amber Cove. Grand Turk is great. Get off the ship, grab some seats with an umbrella and call it a day. Or do an excursion, have some fun if that is more your speed. As for Amer cove, we have only been there one time, we just got off the ship to walk around and see what it was all about. It was the first stop we did and it was a relatively new port.

Hope you have a fun time! My current favorite between the two I’ve been on is the Conquest so I’m excited to try out this ship!

Im going on the Magic aug 25 i can't wait... Every time we were in port with that ship besides us it made our ship look small and the crowd was always so excited from there decks and the pool area!!! We have been on the Conquest which was great, but i didn't care much for the glory. (The Vista is a different post its ok maybe they will redeem there selves in my view with the Mardi-gras) .And yes i know there sister ships but it didn't do something for me Maybe i should of had cheers on that one? I always here great things about the Magic so I'm down 4 a try, lets wait and see Thanks for the Post

5 minutes ago, ChipFire said:

Im going on the Magic aug 25 i can't wait... Every time we were in port with that ship besides us it made our ship look small and the crowd was always so excited from there decks and the pool area!!! We have been on the Conquest which was great, but i didn't care much for the glory. (The Vista is a different post its ok maybe they will redeem there selves in my view with the Mardi-gras) .And yes i know there sister ships but it didn't do something for me Maybe i should of had cheers on that one? I always here great things about the Magic so I'm down 4 a try, lets wait and see Thanks for the Post

Hope you have a great time!

Been on the Magic and going again in October. It is a great ship. Grand Turk you can rent a golf cart and drive over to Governors Beach or walk down to Jack's Shack to avoid the crowds at the beach right at the port. Amber Cove I would look into the water falls. When I went the port was new and not a lot of reviews for me to do anything other than the port. Half Moon is a full. beach day. I havent been yet as we couldn't tender due to bad weather. I am booked on a cruise next year for there so fingers crossed I make it. The pictures I have seen are gorgeous.

I just got off of the Magic yesterday.  It's one of my favorite Carnival ships.  There is always something to do on the ship. This was my second time on the Magic and it was a lot of fun.  

As far as those ports, I have been to them all.  Half Moon Cay is the perfect beach day.  We rent a clam shell that comes with two loungers so that we have plenty of shade.  The water is beautiful.  There is a free buffet, but they charge for drinks.  There is a nice water play area for smaller kids.  There are also cabana rentals available.

When I went to Grand Turk, we did the hummer tour.  The vehicles weren't real hummers, but were more like miniature jeeps.  The tour was around the island.  Many people make it a beach day.

Amber Cove was a beach and pool day for us.

Just got off the Magic yesterday as well.  It was overall a really great cruise.  If you like the other ships, you'll probably like Magic even more.  For us, however, we prefer more bells and whistles so it wasn't our favorite, but we would go again if the price was right. We sailed Glory and the Magic essentially felt like a slightly larger, newer, and more upgraded version.  So if you enjoyed Conquest, then Magic should feel like a little upgrade while still being familiar.  What am I saying, you have been on Dream, so you already know what the Magic is!

Half Moon Cay is awesome, we grabbed one of the Villas.  If you have a group, I think it's worth every penny of the $500 or whatever it cost.  The ship has a pretty solid water park if that's your thing.  Pools are crowded like any other ship this size, but they did have plenty of loungers available all over the ship (including the lanai).  I'd agree with another poster who said it wasn't that crowded.  Even during a busy summer sailing, other than a few chokepoints having to do with food, the ship really was quite pleasantly uncrowded feeling.

Edited by BNBR

So far, the Magic is my favorite ship.  We fell in love with the Dream class and the Cloud 9 spa. We really enjoyed Ocean Plaza.  There is always something going on there.  It's a good alternative to the hot and rowdy lido.  We are booked on the Breeze next.