Tell me about 4j- Interior with window all the way forward

Jenn1974

My mom and I booked a 3 night on the Liberty and we got the 4j all the way forward on the lido deck.  It is an interior with a window out to a secret deck.   Have you stayed in one of these cabins?  What has your experience been like?  Do you like this type of cabin????  

We have done a 4J twice.  We have liked it.  Price of an inside,  but you get light.   As long as the weather is nice,  and not to windy you can go out on the deck. I find it very quiet out there.

I have had one of these cabins twice on the Liberty on the empress deck. We really liked the location and the secret deck. If it is windy its a little hard to open and close the door but besides that it was great.  Ours had a window that the curtains had to be closed at night.Liberty so far is one of our favorite ships.

6 minutes ago, livingthedream1 said:

I have had one of these cabins twice on the Liberty on the empress deck. We really liked the location and the secret deck. If it is windy its a little hard to open and close the door but besides that it was great.  Ours had a window that the curtains had to be closed at night.Liberty so far is one of our favorite ships.

The Liberty is my favorite ship too.  This will be my 4th time sailing on her.    Were gonna get off the Liberty and get on the Elation on the same day.    So excited.   

• Like 1

Enjoyed the deck access and window for good price. Downside, for us, that door, leading to “secret” deck, slammed day and night. The wind may have been responsible. Not good for light sleepers/daytime napping. Also, I felt too exposed by the window. Folks could see in (Conquest class) window. So, kept curtain drawn most of the time. So, not really a plus, for us, having the window. Our experiences; yours may vary. 😀

You have to get there early for a 4J. Lont time cruisers know about them and go for them quickly It is easily the best interior room. It is almost as good as a balcony. Take ten steps and you are out on a deck in the front of the boat. The interior window looks out onto the deck. You can see out and in daylight noone can see in, that changes at dark so when your steward closes the curtains keep them closed at night. There are handicapped 4J which I had a problem with in that there was no rail on the shower to stop water and I kept getting the rug wet. I had my own personal floor fan to dry it out. These rooms are well worth getting if you can. Two of my nest three cruises are here, only had to get them 18 months in advance.

Have stayed in a 4J twice and really enjoyed it. I did not have a problem with hearing the door slam and I am a very light sleeper. The thing to know is when you go out during the day you look in and can't see anything. So you think you can't see thru it. But that is definitely not the case at night. Totally see thru!! 

Donna

25 minutes ago, jmcathome said:

You have to get there early for a 4J. Lont time cruisers know about them and go for them quickly It is easily the best interior room. It is almost as good as a balcony. Take ten steps and you are out on a deck in the front of the boat. The interior window looks out onto the deck. You can see out and in daylight noone can see in, that changes at dark so when your steward closes the curtains keep them closed at night. There are handicapped 4J which I had a problem with in that there was no rail on the shower to stop water and I kept getting the rug wet. I had my own personal floor fan to dry it out. These rooms are well worth getting if you can. Two of my nest three cruises are here, only had to get them 18 months in advance.

You are right very hard to come by I have been fortunate enough to snag a few and they are the first I look for when booking.

Yep! I've been in this category twice - I think the Dream and the Vista. I really enjoyed the room. You got a little bit more movement, but overall it wasn't bad at all. The secret deck was nice, the only drawback is that there aren't really any chairs on that deck. So while you can go out there and stand, there's no place to sit and enjoy the view for a long period of time.

Other than that - enjoy! It's a great cabin without having to pay for an oceanview!

I had one on the Vista for 31 days on her last 2 Meds and TA, back in 2016. Loved it. And there is a lot less foot traffic and noise being all the way forward. Had a couple of rocky days on the TA, when I could see the horizon going up and down, but you probably won’t have to deal with that. The outside deck can be really windy when cruising, but it is awesome for coming in and out of ports.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jenn1974 said:

Thanks everyone I am super excited just 53 more days!!!

I'd love to hear your opinion of the room when you get back! I have a 4J booked for my cruise in November on a Conquest-class ship (the Glory for me). Enjoy your cruises!

On 7/5/2019 at 9:08 AM, Jenn1974 said:

My mom and I booked a 3 night on the Liberty and we got the 4j all the way forward on the lido deck.  It is an interior with a window out to a secret deck.   Have you stayed in one of these cabins?  What has your experience been like?  Do you like this type of cabin????  

Just got off the Victory in this exact room and i would book it every time if I could. It was bigger than any other room we've ever had, by far. Way bigger than a standard interior. I loved the natural light it brought so we didn't sleep too long.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

They are good rooms and that's a good location. Close the curtains at night, and take a clip to hold them together. People will be able to see directly into your room at night. 

Smart thinking on the clip.  I will add it to my packing list.  Thanks

• Like 1

We prefer a balcony room but couldn't always afford it, so we have done several cruises in a 4J cabin and loved it!  The open deck in front is a great place to watch the ship sailing in and out of the ports.