Scooter (RENTAL)

Bernardo62

I would recommend that you be a bit more specific.

You talking about getting around the ship? or are you talking about a scooter being a small motorcycle that people sometimes rent on excursions?

1 hour ago, Bernardo62 said:

When you rent a scooter, where do you pick it up from? And where you drop it off at?

Thanks for the responds.

If you have rented a mobility scooter from one of the approved vendors, it will be waiting for you in your room.  You leave it there when disembarking.  

I have not experienced it, but I am told that at very few ports there is a kiosk at the port where you would pick them up.  Hopefully, if that is the case where you are sailing from, it will be obviously marked and/or the vendor would tell you when you place your order.

Edited by Schoifmom

My MIL has one reserved and it will be in her room when we board. 

Side note: I can't help but think of how funny it would be to see a Carnival sanctioned scooter race on the ship. I know it would never happen, but I also know some of y'all reading this can picture it in your head 😁

Anyhow, your room is the most likely place to find it.

18 hours ago, mets123 said:

You will probably need an accessible room. Also,you can not leave your scooter outside the room. They are not allowed to be stored in the hallway.

You don't necessarily need an accessible room or modified cabin. Just make sure whatever scooter you rent is just a little under 22 inches wide and it will fit thru the doorway. You may also have to remove the arm rests.  We never get an accessible or modified cabin and so far have had no issues.