Carnival Sensation - Behind the scenes tour

beshears

We are planning (8 of us) on doing the Sensation ship (yes I know it is an older ship, but things like that don't bother me, as I have been on large/big/medium ships, newer as well) next year.  I have heard of the Chef's Table tour (my son and wife did this one and really enjoyed it), but then I just read of the "Behind the scenes tour."  If you have done this tour on the Sensation, was it worth booking?  Can you give me an idea of what the tour consisted of?

If you have done the Chef's tour on the Sensation, was it worth what you paid for the tour?

We did the Behind the fun tour on Glory, which I realize is a bit larger and more expensive.  You have to wear closed toe shoes and no skirts for women.  I believe there is also a lower age limit (no really young kids).  There was a lot of steeper, narrow stairs, and a lot of standing around as they talked about various areas.  We walked down I-95 (storage reas), visited crew dining areas, club, training room, laundry (the machine that irons and folds sheets is fascinating) galley, engine control room (not engine room); bridge with questions for captain. We had group pictures with the captain, and they also took us out onto the bow for another group picture.  We ended up in the steakhouse for more questions, a drink and our goody bag of souvenirs.  You would probably end up in the library.  For us it is a one and done experience.  Some do it every cruise.  As a senior who doesn't stand well for long periods (I do fine if moving so I fidgit a lot) I found it tiring.  No cameras or cellphones allowed.  

enhance

Soap

enhance

I did the Behind the Fun tour on Imagination (same class as the Sensation) several years ago. I agree with another poster that I found it to be a "one and done" experience. It was very interesting to see the backstage areas of the ship, so I would definitely recommend it if you enjoy stuff like that.

Thanks for sending a picture, as well some details of the tour.  My biggest problem, I would want to take pictures, and you say you cannot do that.  I am a picture taker (probably more pictures than anyone else in the world, well.....), as they are MY memories. 🙂