Sunrise - Room Help

Hoops_Baller

Hello All!  

We are ready to book are next cruise, but I have a couple of questions that I would like some help with.  First, room type is not typically important to me.  We are very seldom in our room and I would rather save the money spent on a room for other activities.  However, in looking at options for us, an interior room is only a few dollars less than either of these two options:

Interior Spa Room 

Interior With Picture Window - These rooms are located on the Upper Deck at the very front of the ship.  The windows look out the front rather than the sides.  One of the room options includes a "corner room" that is oddly shaped, but it also looks like it could be a bit larger???  It's room 6206 for reference.

I would appreciate any opinions, likes or dislikes, advantages or disadvantages...I can say, that being at the very front of the ship isn't all that appealing because most of the activities are at the rear...other than the spa.

Thanks and Happy Sailing!

2 hours ago, Hoops_Baller said:

We are very seldom in our room and I would rather save the money spent on a room for other activities.

Based off of that and this:

2 hours ago, Hoops_Baller said:

I can say, that being at the very front of the ship isn't all that appealing because most of the activities are at the rear...other than the spa.

you should choose the interior spa room. I believe you are higher up and close to the spa, and since you don't spend time in your room, you might as well book that type of room. 

I would agree with jbethel11 on the interior spa room given your in-cabin time. Also, that 6206 cabin you mention with the picture window, has twin beds that do not convert to a queen - maybe that matters to you, maybe not but I would not prefer that kind of bed arrangement. :classic_biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Hoops_Baller said:

Thanks for the reply's so far.  I guess my question about the spa rooms is what are the perks?  We won't be booking spa appointments either.  We would possible use whirlpools, sauna, and/or upgraded showers.

Here's all the info on the Cloud 9 Spa cabin amenities:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1167/kw/spa

18 hours ago, Hoops_Baller said:

Thanks for the reply's so far.  I guess my question about the spa rooms is what are the perks?  We won't be booking spa appointments either.  We would possible use whirlpools, sauna, and/or upgraded showers.

Be advised: not all ships with spa staterooms have a pool in the spa.

3 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

We had an interior spa cabin on the Splendor and simply loved it. Unlimited access to really great spa facilities, and the cabin was nicer than ordinary cabins.

Thanks for the feedback....I'm not sure what is available on the Splendor, but no therapy pool on the Sunrise.