Meraviglia in the Caribbean ?s

FIREFIGHTERCRUISER

Booked the Meraviglia for out Spring break cruise in March of 2020. Have a few questions.

1. Does anyone have a list of the current shows playing, and will these be the same shows once she get to the Caribbean or will they be changing?

2. Looking at the Cirque shows in addons and there is an option to just get a signature cocktail and show for $18. This does include the show right? Other than this there is no way to see the Cirque shows free?

I'm also guessing a lot of things will change once it actually does come to the Caribbean. Does anyone have any inside info about what some of these may be?

3. Also trying to decide whether we should upgrade from the easy to premium package?  I'm guessing the drinks and menus will be one of the things changing once it hits the Caribbean. We upgraded from the drinks on us to the classic drink package on our last cruise, on the Seaside, which was awesome.

Thanks in advance for any and all info, and or musings.....

1 hour ago, FIREFIGHTERCRUISER said:

Booked the Meraviglia for out Spring break cruise in March of 2020. Have a few questions.

1. Does anyone have a list of the current shows playing, and will these be the same shows once she get to the Caribbean or will they be changing? They will probably change as the crew will have major changes at repositIoning times

2. Looking at the Cirque shows in addons and there is an option to just get a signature cocktail and show for $18. This does include the show right? YES Other than this there is no way to see the Cirque shows free?There are only 2 ways to see the Cirque show a) buy the cocktail + show package or b) buy the meal +  show package; no way to see the show free

I'm also guessing a lot of things will change once it actually does come to the Caribbean. Does anyone have any inside info about what some of these may be?

3. Also trying to decide whether we should upgrade from the easy to premium package?  I'm guessing the drinks and menus will be one of the things changing once it hits the Caribbean. We upgraded from the drinks on us to the classic drink package on our last cruise, on the Seaside, which was awesome.Drinks menus change with cruising areas eg, med ; Caribbean; North Europe : SA

AS for upgrading, only you are in  apposition to know what drinks you will want and how much

Thanks in advance for any and all info, and or musings.....

hope this makes sense

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thanks Skier. You are always on the ball. I figured most of those would probably be the case. I guess I'll have to wait till the cruises actually starts in the Caribbean and then try to solicit a little more information. Glad to hear that $18 does get you the drink and the show. I thought 18 sounded pretty inexpensive. Was scared that was just for the signature

cocktail.🍹🍸🍷

Edited by FIREFIGHTERCRUISER

The included drinks on 'Easy' are a very limited lot, FFC, though an extra $27 pppd to upgrade may not be worth the cost for Premium to you.  Here's a list of some of the drinks included in the 'Easy' package (everything up to $6 is included, which would also be draught beer, coffees, teas, soft drinks etc from the main menus):

1674492037_EasyDrinksInclusions.png.566659208acf3b8f5b04f6b854202cf2.png

The (house) wines by the glass will be a similar offering to the following (these are from Med sailings):

1207560017_EasyPackageDrinks.png.e6fe723b1cd65517e0db70ea8190fed1.png

The 2 top ones are sparkling wines (dolce being the sweet one).

I posted the full bar list for a US-based sailing on the following thread (from post #35) which may give you more of an idea of the difference between Easy (up to $6) and Premium (up to $12) offerings:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2641156-msc-yacht-club-feb-16-23-2019-compare-to-ncl-haven/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-56957236

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

Thanks Beam. We will probably do the upgrades because I LOVED those guava mojitos on our last Seaside cruise. Our cruise consultant said it would be 180 pp, for the upgrade. That isnt bad for the ease of ordering practically anything we would want.

Plus my mother in law only drinks pinot grigio, which on our last cruise we needed to have the classic package to get.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FIREFIGHTERCRUISER said:

Thanks Beam. We will probably do the upgrades because I LOVED those guava mojitos on our last Seaside cruise. Our cruise consultant said it would be 180 pp, for the upgrade. That isnt bad for the ease of ordering practically anything we would want.

Plus my mother in law only drinks pinot grigio, which on our last cruise we needed to have the classic package to get.

When you going in March?

57 minutes ago, dexddd said:

When you going in March?

We our doing the Western route leaving on Mar. 15th. Looking forward to Ocean Cay, fingers crossed. 🤞🤞🤞

Spring break for allot of Florida kids that week. Fair warning for anyone trying to avoid allot of kids...Ha Ha. 

23 hours ago, FIREFIGHTERCRUISER said:

We our doing the Western route leaving on Mar. 15th. Looking forward to Ocean Cay, fingers crossed. 🤞🤞🤞

Spring break for allot of Florida kids that week. Fair warning for anyone trying to avoid allot of kids...Ha Ha. 

We go the week after.  Have a great time and keep her clean for us.

Yes, hope OC fully operational.

On 7/20/2019 at 12:56 PM, FIREFIGHTERCRUISER said:

We'll be with you on that one...With our FL kids who are on spring break :)

4 minutes ago, slei15 said:

We'll be with you on that one...With our FL kids who are on spring break 🙂

Sounds good Slei. We did the Seaside the previous 2 spring breaks and the kids loved it both times. Hoping the Meraviglia will give us the same results. The kids clubs on MSC are definitely better than some of the other lines we have been on. I have 1 kid that wants to spend the entire cruise in the kids club and 1 that never wants to go (she is 12 though so she is in that weird age ). The staff in the kids clubs are awesome though. We went to check my son in last cruise and the girls remembered him, by name, from the previous year and gave him a big hug. 

We had the same experience on the Seaside.  We have been on it 3 times.  The first time on the inauguaral, the kids club staff remembered our kids from the Divina the prior summer.  The second time, last thanksgiving, we had a great experience and the kids club still remembered them.  The third time, this year spring break, was still the same! Hoping some of the Seaside staff transition to the Meraviglia when it comes stateside!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, slei15 said:

We had the same experience on the Seaside.  We have been on it 3 times.  The first time on the inauguaral, the kids club staff remembered our kids from the Divina the prior summer.  The second time, last thanksgiving, we had a great experience and the kids club still remembered them.  The third time, this year spring break, was still the same! Hoping some of the Seaside staff transition to the Meraviglia when it comes stateside!

I'm wondering how that will work with staff as Seaside and Meraviglia will both be sailing out of Miami for a period of time.  My guess is the split some from Seaside to Meraviglia.

Cruising with MSC for the first time in February 2020, sailing on the Meriviglia.  I read that some of you upgraded your drink package to include more premium drinks.  My DH prefer Jack Daniels but it is not listed on the Easy menu so an upgrade may be better for us.

My question is this...do I wait and do the upgrade after I board, or does it have to be done prior?

Jack Daniels was on the Premium list (on the right-hand page of the following) on Armonia in January, so an upgrade to Premium would be the way to go:

image.thumb.png.38c4df9116dec754c10fa533f41d811f.png

However, while Easy is $35 pppd, Premium is $62.  Do you have Easy included in your booking?  If so, an upgrade would cost you $27 a day pp (plus, as Sidari has said, 15% service charge that's added when done onboard which you avoid if you upgrade pre-cruise).

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 10:40 AM, DaisyGirl55 said:

My question is this...do I wait and do the upgrade after I board, or does it have to be done prior?

Definitely book and pre-purchase everything you can before Daisy. As Sidari, said you save the added 15% gratuity charge that way.

I was told by my TA, from MSC, that it would be $180 per adult to upgrade from the easy to the premium package. I wouldn't need the premium plus so didn't ask the cost of that. It does sound like gelato is not included in the drink package like it use to be with the "Classic" package. Can anyone confirm this? However, the kids non-alcoholic package does include it if I'm reading correctly.