Earliest time off MAGIC

jamscckmc

A question for those recently off the MAGIC. I' m Cruising on the

MAGIC in October and have an 11::00 Flight home. I don't usually book before 1200 but it's a Sunday 

and I know the airport is close. If no emergencies and the ship is on time, what time does MAGIC dock and what time can Platinum self assist debark?

I'm not platinum, but did have FTTF and cruised on the Magic in June.  We met in the theater at 6:30 am and were out of the terminal at 7:30.  The self-assist line was longer than any I had ever seen.  Platinum passengers were out before 7:30.  I used the cruise ship's shuttle and was at the airport by 8:30 a.m.  A taxi or Uber would have been much faster and that's what I will do next time.  I didn't notice what time they docked.

Ship docks at 7:00 AM. As soon as it clears customs you can get off if you take all your luggage with you. You should be off no later than 8:00 AM Hopefully you have passports. That will put you in a much shorter line for customs.

I work at the port and get to the garage usually around 6:45.  There are already folks off the ship and either getting their cars from the garage or getting shuttles/cabs/ubers….  You should do self assist and as others recommend have your passport.

Is the Magic sailing from PC? So that could be different from our experience in March in port of Miami exiting Magic. There was some sort of "incident" at Customs which halted everything at about 9:00am. No additional zones called until after 10am. We never got outside the terminal building until 11:15. I later learned that passengers who self assisted or had early debarkation times had no issues exiting early. But we were pretty concerned about making our 1:15 flight. Moral of the story: ya never know what unanticipated events may occur.