Constellation vs Silhouette/Ecllpse

We only have two X cruises "under our belts" - One was on the Silhouette including Israel and also a Med cruise on the Eclipse. 
We so enjoyed both of them mostly for the ports, the entertainment, the staterooms and the crew.

We are undecided for the future. Most of our cruises have been on Azamara and we really appreciated the larger staterooms and bigger bathrooms on X and, of course, the wider variety of entertainment.

We would love to know how the staterooms, entertainment and food compare on the Constellation category of ships  vs Silhouette and Eclipse.

Many thanks, in advance.

We did Connie last year for the first time and apart from the balcony (which was amazing) we were underwhelmed by the ship. Nothing like the Solstice class ship and we found the dining room like a huge cattle market. Really did not like it at all. Limited re other restaurants to try. We have done Silhouette 3 times an just loved her and would return to her in a heartbeat. I think it is fair to say that we came away from Connie thinking that we would not try this class of Celebrity ship again. (We thought that the P&O ships of that size were better, but just our opinion). Re the dining experience - we used the buffet a few times to avoid the chaos in the main dining room.

If you do want to give Connie a go then try out those SV cabins at the back. The balconies are HUGE ! Can't remember what number we had - think it was deck 7. Interesting though, we can remember the cabin numbers on every other ship we have been on.

PS Cabins - great storage space -- there was enough storage for 6 people !!! We hated the big full length mirror opposite the bed  --- bad enough feeling like you've gained a stone without seeing it ;-)

Edited by Presto2

Having been on all the ships the OP mentioned, I like the M Class as much as the S class equally.  The aft balconies on the M class are huge and those cabins and all the Concierge balcony cabins on the M class are slightly larger which is nice. I don't find a difference in the main dining room chaos, but I do try to stay away from the MDR the first night because it is always crazy on any ship.  Sometimes I would prefer one ship over another based on itinerary or cabin category I'm looking to book. Storage in the M class is very plentiful as already mentioned. Bathrooms are definitely larger than Azamara which had the smallest I've experienced out of all my cruises. Entertainment is on par with the S class as Celebrity shares among all the ships, if anything, guest entertainment varies by itinerary or region of cruising.

We like the M Class & have sailed on about 10 cruises on M class.  They are easier to get around with forward, midship and aft elevators.  We like the Rendezvous Lounge better than the Ensemble Lounge or Passport bars on the S Class.   Cellar Masters is more open rather than an enclosed dark space.  The Pool Grill (Mast Grill) has more seating and it is covered so no baking in the sun. 

The veranda cabin are a bit bit smaller than on the S Class although Concierge and AQ cabin on the M Class the same size as on the S Class.

After sailing several CC cabins on S class and then a mid ship CC cabin on Infinity I felt the mid ship CC cabins were smaller than CC cabins on S class. I will agree that the aft facing cabins are very nice and spacious. We have sailed in a CC class aft facing on Constellation and loved it, much larger cabin and huge balcony.

I would consider entertainment the same, but prefer S class for more specialty dining options.

We have sailed both M class and S class ships. We sailed Europe on Constellation last year and loved her. We did book Concierge to have larger stateroom. Buffet set up was probably our one negative. I do think it’s hard to judge right now until the redos are done, because of all the changes. So far what I’ve heard doesn’t sound good. We have 4 upcoming cruises with Celebrity, but I have begun looking at other cruise lines with similar itineraries because of changes.

My family of four sailed on the Summit this spring (post-Revolution) after cruising on the Solstice, Silhouette, and Eclipse.  I am afraid I have to agree with the earlier poster who found the Summit much inferior to the S-Class ships.  I strongly dislike the post-Revolution floorplan of the M-Class ships -- specifically, the complete lack of any ability to stand at the front of the ship -- either inside or out -- unless you are a suite-class customer (which are not, and never will be).  I frankly cannot imagine ever sailing Alaska, or any other scenic cruising, on a ship where I cannot stand out at the front and take in the beautiful view!  The dining room on Summit had ridiculous lines, something we never experienced on S-Class, and we were doubly unlucky in that we had poor service AND at least one entree that we had to send back (inedible steak, cold and mostly fat).  This was a sad come-down from our experience on the Eclipse last summer where the food was magnificent.  The cabins are smaller than S-Class, and cannot comfortably sleep four.  The shower did seem larger, but I missed the S-Class bathroom cabinets with the glass doors.  The only place to hang out during the day was the Rendezvous lounge -- really missed the library and game room.  And sadly, these changes are coming to S-Class as well -- but thankfully, the floor plans suggest that they will at least preserve some space at the front for non-suite guests -- so we may sail them again.  I will not book another M-class ship.  In sum, in my view, the ships were as follows:

Eclipse  > Solstice >>> Silhouette (hate the lawn club grill and cabanas taking away public space at the top) >>>>>>> Summit