Recently Back from Alaska?

grsnovi

I was there during the period from 6/18-7/9, sailing round trip from San Francisco. I can't recall when the ship was close to the fires, or left, but I know I was fairly north on 7/1; we were back down to the Inside Passage by 7/4.
I don't know if you would consider that recent enough, though, as things could have changed.

Anyway, when I was there (we went as far north as Anchorage) there seemed to be a light haze, or very, very high, thin, clouds. If I hadn't been told it was smoke from a fire I would not have known, since I couldn't smell it at all. By the time the ship got south to Frederick Sound (I think that was the name), that light haze was there.

Hope this helps some.

Just now, SilvertoGold said:

How did you like the Westerdam?

We had cruised the Noordam and Zuiderdam previously so the layout was somewhat familiar.  We enjoyed the Westerdam. You can tell there was some good refreshing and updating during the recent drydock, things looked new and modern.

6 minutes ago, Jhawktraveler said:

We had cruised the Noordam and Zuiderdam previously so the layout was somewhat familiar.  We enjoyed the Westerdam. You can tell there was some good refreshing and updating during the recent drydock, things looked new and modern.

Agree. We thought the service was exceptional and the food very good overall, too. Glad you enjoyed the ship!

20 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

How did you like the Westerdam?

We were on the Westy the last time we were in Alaska and since we'd sailed the Oosterdam previously we were very familiar with the ship layout. We've been on the Eurodam previously as well - looking forward to Tamarind this trip.