Stolen map

KeithJenner

13 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I asked her how she makes it, and she wrote this for me. Makes no sense to me, but may help you.

”Print map onto card. Put self adhesive magnetic strips onto top and bottom on the back. Use metal dies to cut out all the shapes to stick on. Cut out picture of the ship and put a piece of magnetic strip on the back to move around the map. Use glossy accents on ship and other bits to give a finish. On pirates ones use googly eyes on skull and crossbones and things like rhinestones for treasure and other embellishments.”

Thank you for the info.  Makes sense to me.

2 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Just saw a posting on a Social Media site showing a Freestyle Daily saying the decorating of cabin doors is prohibited.

Probably just removed by the staff and tossed out because it is not allowed and against the rules, treating it like debris, probably no theft involved

26 minutes ago, Newleno said:

Probably just removed by the staff and tossed out because it is not allowed and against the rules, treating it like debris, probably no theft involved

Probably you didn't read the thread.  The OP actually spoke to the staff and it was not removed by them - and they also indicated there is no rule against it and they have no issue with door decorations.

2 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

Probably you didn't read the thread.  The OP actually spoke to the staff and it was not removed by them - and they also indicated there is no rule against it and they have no issue with door decorations.

probably the staff was embarrassed and tried to protect themselves, probably some miscommunication between the staff as to what is allowed, there is no here.  

15 minutes ago, Newleno said:

probably the staff was embarrassed and tried to protect themselves, probably some miscommunication between the staff as to what is allowed, there is no here.  

Ok. Instead of believing the sign was stolen, let's believe the staff are liars. 😂

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

Ok. Instead of believing the sign was stolen, let's believe the staff are liars. 😂

Well that is pretty harsh I would not agree with your conclusion, probably just miscommunication and embarrassment. 

A few more clarifications.

1. There is no mention in our freestyle dailies about door decorations. Maybe NCL are bringing in a ban, maybe it is down to the discretion of the individual ship. But it isn’t mentioned here.

2. The notes on the freestyle dailies that I have seen posted clearly state they items will be placed inside the room. Ours wasn’t.

3. Other staff we have spoken to (ie guest services when we checked if it may have ended up in lost property) mentioned no ban, but knew exactly what it was and where it was

4. There are still some other doors which still had things stuck to them yesterday (day 3)

5. Our room steward speaks excellent English. I know I was only involved in the conversation, so my view on it is very limited compared to people who weren’t even there, but there was no scope for misunderstanding. We asked him if he had removed the map, and specifically asked him if it were allowed. He stated that is permitted and that he was not allowed to touch such things. We get on well with the Steward (although have only spoken to him a few times so far) and at the end of the conversation we were actually all laughing about something. He also stated that he had mentioned that the map was missing to his supervisor (who obviously didn’t mention any ban to him at that point)

6. If it was removed by another member of staff then I go back to the point that any ban is not communicated on this ship and therefore our map would have been removed without any notice or warning. As the NCL policy (as it appears on the freestyle dailies posted by others) states that items will be put in the room then the map is still stolen, even if by NCL staff.

One thing I would put forward as a possible solution is that the map was removed by a passenger who had come across a ban on other ships and therefore removed it as a kind of “vigilante action”.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1