Walking Walls in Dubrovnik in Oct.

We will be in Dubrovnik on Oct.13, 2019 from 9am to 9PM. I see a Viator tour given in English at 3:30 PM for 2 hours, walking the Wall. . Does anyone have any experience with choosing this time for the tour.? I read that the Walls can be very warm, so I am concerned about the 3:30 timing.  The only other time is a 9:30 am tour, but we dock at 9 am and I am concerned we can not make the 9:30 am tour. Checking local weather, Oct temp range is 61-70.  I would appreciate any advice from those who have visited Dubrovnik.

Thank you for your time in advance

The average temperature as you noted in October is 71 degrees, in the summer, which we just did, it was hot, but a there are multiple entrances and exits to the wall so I think one can come down get a bite/refresh and go back ( need to double check as we only did a full circle and exited after completion ).

71 sounds very doable to me, LOL

Agree with HGC above and don't know why anyone would want a "tour" of walking the walls.  Go at your own pace and stay away from tours on those walls.  Even with many people up there, it's a beautiful and peaceful walk that's great for photography as well.  I wish cruise lines would be honest here and tell people to take their free shuttles in town and just buy tickets for the walls.  

12 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

You don’t need a tour to walk the walls. It’s very easy to do it yourself (& a lot cheaper I would guess).  https://www.wallsofdubrovnik.com/info-ticket-prices-working-hours/

Thank you for your advice. We have a guide book that will allow us to do an DIY tour of the Walls. The money we save we will spend on a "beverage by the sea".

Many thanks

• Like 1

You’re welcome - there’s a little bar on the sea side of the walls.😄👍

When you’re up on the walls look and see how many new roofs there are. These are all houses that had to be reroofed because their roofs were damaged during the seige in the Serbo-Croat war.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

This is what a local in Dubrovnik told us, "The best place to watch a sunset is from Cafe Buza.” With a little searching, we found the place…cut into the rocky cliff abutting the sea side of the city’s western wall. One small outdoor table was still vacant and the four of us reveled in our overlook of the sea, sipping our drinks as the light faded

Edited by lynncarol

• 1 month later...

Got this off the internet and as you know everything you read online is the absolute truth, so take this with a grain of salt.....

Located in: Buza Bar
Address: Crijevićeva ul. 9, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Hours:

Friday 8AM–2AM
Saturday 8AM–2AM
Sunday 8AM–2AM
Monday 8AM–2AM
Tuesday 8AM–2AM
Wednesday 8AM–2AM
Thursday 8AM–2AM

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2019 at 3:10 PM, DomerCruisers said:

Thank you for your advice. We have a guide book that will allow us to do an DIY tour of the Walls. The money we save we will spend on a "beverage by the sea".

Many thanks

As far as temperature -- layers!  We were there at end of of Sept/early Oct and began tour as soon as the ship docked when it was a bit chilly. By layering we could take items off as the day warmed. 

After your wall walk (very difficult to take just a few photos - at every turn there is another incredible vista!)...you could possibly also take a short walk to the cable car & go up top for some incredible views and if I remember correctly a little cafe.

• 2 weeks later...

We were there in October and yes it was warm.  We walked the walls ourselves and enjoyed a fresh pomegranate drink along the way with beautiful sea views.   We also choose to eat dinner inside the walls at night and it was so nice.  Very quiet and the food was amazing.  Lots to do inside the walls,  they had markets and lots of shops.  Enjoy it is our favorite city so far.

Kathy

We loved Dubrovnik as well and were lucky enough for our ship to overnight there.

We explored the old town on our own in the evening the first night, had a tour of old town the next morning and walked the walls for the afternoon.  The tour was good and learned some interesting thing about living in old town without vehicles and living through the war, but really you could easily do the city and walls without the tour, especially if you are short on time.  Here is the Link to our photo blog of Dubrovnik.   Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...