Carnival Pride French Door Balcony

JaniceB

IMG_1586.jpg&key=91f2811d0f4ea0d1aa6a981

32 minutes ago, CruiseRonJulie said:

They replaced all 4K Cabin French Doors in the last Dry Dock. They now have floor to ceiling windows.

Those weren't balcony cabins. There was a catwalk there for the crew and a partition waist high to prevent guests from climbing onto the catwalk. Not sure if the OP knows that.

Edited by sanmarcosman

There sure is a lot of hype about these rooms that at best give you a small glimpse of the ocean. From what I have read here the doors were hard to open and mostly blocked by something anyways. For an interior room it is a good deal, but the door becoming a window is no big deal IMHO.

Edited by n6uqqq

2 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

There sure is a lot of hype about these rooms that at best give you a small glimpse of the ocean. From what I have read here the doors were hard to open and mostly blocked by something anyways. For an interior room it is a good deal, but the door becoming a window is no big deal IMHO.

We've sailed in them 6 times and the couch and coffee table was always used so that was a plus for us over standard interiors. We got lucky and had cabins positioned between lifeboats so there was always a direct view from mid-ship to check the weather on port days and briefly open the doors to smell the sea air. 

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

We've sailed in them 6 times and the couch and coffee table was always used so that was a plus for us over standard interiors. We got lucky and had cabins positioned between lifeboats so there was always a direct view from mid-ship to check the weather on port days and briefly open the doors to smell the sea air. 

I have never stayed in this type room but have explored the videos/pictures. Layout looks like a regular balcony room which is a plus having a couch. Having the doors gone would be a bummer for some, but all together probably not a real big deal. I would book this room over a regular interior room any time. I am hooked on the extended balconies and always book way in advance to get the large ones you saw on my post about the spirit class ships. These are the same price as regular extended which is a great deal to me!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

IMG_1586.jpg&key=91f2811d0f4ea0d1aa6a981

Those weren't balcony cabins. There was a catwalk there for the crew and a partition waist high to prevent guests from climbing onto the catwalk. Not sure if the OP knows that.

I did know that sorry I added balcony to the post.  I just wanted to know if the door still opened for the sea breeze.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, CruiseRonJulie said:

They replaced all 4K Cabin French Doors in the last Dry Dock. They now have floor to ceiling windows.

Thank you, that is what I thought but couldn't find anything when I did a search on CC.

• 1 month later...

I just had a recent experience with these rooms, be aware that crew walks past your window/or is visible working at various times during the trip. It was always a shock since we liked to keep the shade open. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JaniceB said:

Does anyone know which cabins have the best view cabin between the lifeboats?

You can tell by looking at a deck plan.  Just be advised to check what is under you. We booked over the arcade (formerly the library & chapel)and it runs 24/7.........not good for sleeping.😕

We always tried to book one of these staterooms when sailing on the Legend and Pride.  It was nice having the French doors but we booked it because it is classified as an interior stateroom but it is much larger than a regular interior and has the sofa and table.  Our view was always staring out the doors at a lifeboat but we didn't book it for the view, we can go on any exterior deck when we wanted fresh air and a view.  Also, the stateroom was not closed in and claustrophobic. 

• Like 2