Coral Princess since Jan 2019 dry dock

Capt Krunch

We are thinking about booking on the Coral and wondered if anyone has been on the ship since the dry dock in Jan 2019.

What improvements were made like adding big screen TV's that are interactive etc. and any other upgrades to the staterooms.

Thank you.

We just got off Coral for an Alaska cruise, there have been some changes since our last cruise on her a couple of years ago. they have changed the TVs in the room to the larger TV on the wall which was nice, they recently upgraded the internet to the medallion net service, can't say it is much better.  Supposedly the beds were changed out but I didn't notice a difference from other cruises.  To be honest she is showing her age, there was a lot of rust showing on the metal divider between our cabin and the one aft of us.  I would have though they would have ground it down and painted it and replaced the metal panel completely during the last dry-dock but maybe they didn't have enough time.

Just now, mrell345 said:

We just got off Coral for an Alaska cruise, there have been some changes since our last cruise on her a couple of years ago. they have changed the TVs in the room to the larger TV on the wall which was nice, they recently upgraded the internet to the medallion net service, can't say it is much better.  Supposedly the beds were changed out but I didn't notice a difference from other cruises.  To be honest she is showing her age, there was a lot of rust showing on the metal divider between our cabin and the one aft of us.  I would have though they would have ground it down and painted it and replaced the metal panel completely during the last dry-dock but maybe they didn't have enough time.

But did they add on-demand?

I previously posted in response to the OP and the post seems to have entered cyper lost space.

The shelf for the old TV is vacant and is an excellent extra storage space.  No interactive TV, but it is on the wall opposite the bed.  It had plenty of programming for me.  Video and audio was good and I could increase the volume, sit on my standard veranda with the door slightly agar and listen to most of the NPS Ranger's commentary.  

This 7/31/19-8/7/19 cruise was my first on Coral Princess.  In all important areas to me:  cuisine, service, entertainment, music, activities, and ease to move around the ship, Coral Princess put to shame her younger sister Royal Princess during my December New Year's Cruise.

We were on the Coral as she came out of dry dock. They were preparing her to be Medallion but at the time it hadn't been rolled out on her so none of the new technology we just experienced on the Caribbean was available yet like the interactive TVs and screens around the ship. 

She is a wonderful ship and I've always enjoyed my cruises on her. 

• 2 months later...

Anyone been on Coral in the last few months that can tell us more about the drydock and what may or may not have been done.

We are considering a longer cruise on her and concerned about the television options. With many sea days I'm sure there will be times when watching a movie will be an option we would like.  On Regal Princess this month I was amazed at the amount of selection, I bet there were 50 on demand movies and more being added all through the cruise. What does Coral have?