Specialty dining on Armonia

versuco

4 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

It is and yes. There's a review for an Armonia sailing on here by Beamafar, back in January, where the menu is included. If you tried a search of the forum hopefully you could locate it.

Thank you!  I will do that now.

Thanks, just read both reviews.  We booked 2 days ago for 9/9 western Caribbean.  Travel agent called with a deal we could not pass up!  Trying to learn all I can about the ship, the recent reviews are very mixed.

There are four of us who are booked on the September 9th sailing. Perhaps we will run into each other on board. Did you sign up for the meet and greet get together?

Will this be your first MSC Cruise? We have done the seaside and the Davina several times.

8 hours ago, travelwide said:

There are four of us who are booked on the September 9th sailing. Perhaps we will run into each other on board. Did you sign up for the meet and greet get together?

Will this be your first MSC Cruise? We have done the seaside and the Davina several times.

We will sign up for the meet and greet when we get our cabin assignment, should be tomorrow.  This will be my 3rd MSC cruise, we both sailed on the Divina and I was on Seaside with my sister-in-law.   We also have Seaside booked for March.  I think we are a little crazy booking a cruise in the middle of hurricane season!  Hopefully we will get lucky and not have any problems.

10 hours ago, versuco said:

Thanks, just read both reviews.  We booked 2 days ago for 9/9 western Caribbean.  Travel agent called with a deal we could not pass up!  Trying to learn all I can about the ship, the recent reviews are very mixed.

There are always mixed reviews, you can't please all of the people, all of the time 😀

I read reviews with a pinch of salt, especially on here. Sometimes negative reviews are down to expecting something you didn't book or research, as you wisely are. Sometimes it's because the experience is just different to previous experience i.e. MSC is not a US cruiseline. Obviously, some have genuine issues but I've sailed with people who have shared a barrage of negativity to me and genuinely wondered if we were actually on the same cruise!

Armonia isn't as new, grand and sparkly as Divina and Seaside but I'm sure is still delightful.

Will it be perfect? No, things rarely are. I hope you have a great cruise, without any hurricanes 😀

We are also on 9/9 Armonia - yeah can’t wait - booked fairly last minute for us due to great rates. Had Meraviglia booked for November and Divina for February already. So this is a “bonus.” Have been on both Divina and Seaside in the past - enjoyed both - appreciate the various experiences on MSC. 

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

There are always mixed reviews, you can't please all of the people, all of the time 😀

I read reviews with a pinch of salt, especially on here. Sometimes negative reviews are down to expecting something you didn't book or research, as you wisely are. Sometimes it's because the experience is just different to previous experience i.e. MSC is not a US cruiseline. Obviously, some have genuine issues but I've sailed with people who have shared a barrage of negativity to me and genuinely wondered if we were actually on the same cruise!

Armonia isn't as new, grand and sparkly as Divina and Seaside but I'm sure is still delightful.

Will it be perfect? No, things rarely are. I hope you have a great cruise, without any hurricanes 😀

Agree with everything you said!  We are easy going cruisers and don't sweat the small stuff, so I know we will enjoy the cruise.  We have been on the Veendam and several of Carnivals smaller ships and don't need all the bells and whistles of a new, big ship to enjoy ourselves.  The Armonia looks really nice from the pictures I've seen.

• Like 1

Armonia is a sister ship to Sinfonia, on which we cruised 4 years ago. It was our first cruise and we really had no specific expectations. We were quite thrilled, and thus have sailed MSC every year since.   Sure there are a few glitches here and there, but there are glitches in top hotels and resorts as well.