Chef's Table Carnival Dream

JQTravels

Hello all,  we were able to snag a couple of spots for the Chef's Table,  has anyone done this on the Dream?   Is it done in a dining room or is it entirely held in the Kitchen?  What night do they usually have the dinner?   

Thanks

Wife and I did this in January 2018. It was held in an area of the kitchen that was mostly reserved for us (though there was activity in other areas of the kitchen). Our dinner was held on day 3 of the cruise (the night after the first elegant night).

Hi

could you please tell me if the chef's table is elegant attire or casual?   I know that we need closed toe shoes but just curious what the usual attire is for chef's table

And should we book ahead of time before we cruise?

resort casual, long pants and a print collared shirt will be fine. My wife wore open toed shoes as that's all she brings other than flip flops or sneakers for the gym. No one commented on her dress sandals. 

I wore a short sleeve top and pants.  No one was dressy at mine.  Sundresses,  nice tops, etc.  Don't recall if note had anything about shoes,had on flats.

I would book ahead.  My understanding a second was added on my sailing  and was a waitlist 

4 hours ago, Bahbert said:

Wife and I did this in January 2018. It was held in an area of the kitchen that was mostly reserved for us (though there was activity in other areas of the kitchen). Our dinner was held on day 3 of the cruise (the night after the first elegant night).

Thanks for the info!

14 hours ago, coevan said:

resort casual, long pants and a print collared shirt will be fine. My wife wore open toed shoes as that's all she brings other than flip flops or sneakers for the gym. No one commented on her dress sandals. 

Thank you !!

14 hours ago, airlink diva said:

I wore a short sleeve top and pants.  No one was dressy at mine.  Sundresses,  nice tops, etc.  Don't recall if note had anything about shoes,had on flats.

I would book ahead.  My understanding a second was added on my sailing  and was a waitlist 

Thank you very much.   Appreciate the response!

I have another question I'm hoping someone can answer.

If I wanted to purchase a ticket to the chef's table for another person in my group (different cabin and different booking #),   could I do that?   Or does he need to purchase it directly?     I was thinking maybe i could purchase 2 tickets and give them the other person's name and booking info if needed

Is that possible?

4 hours ago, Nadersmom said:

I have another question I'm hoping someone can answer.

If I wanted to purchase a ticket to the chef's table for another person in my group (different cabin and different booking #),   could I do that?   Or does he need to purchase it directly?     I was thinking maybe i could purchase 2 tickets and give them the other person's name and booking info if needed

Is that possible?

there are no tickets, but pretty sure you could buy someone Chefs table. You might need their booking number.

39 minutes ago, coevan said:

there are no tickets, but pretty sure you could buy someone Chefs table. You might need their booking number.

Thanks!     He just may not have time to book it so I thought I'd take care of it for him .    Hoping it's no problem if I have his booking number

16 hours ago, coevan said:

it literally takes 2 minutes, doesn't have time/

True, but he's never booked it before so he doesn't know that.    And right now between working very long days and then coaching his daughter's softball team as well as traveling for his son's travel team,   he is truly pressed for time most days lately.  

He didn't ask me to do it and certainly didn't say he couldn't.  I was just going to offer to do it for him so I could take something "off his plate" so to speak.   I wanted to be sure I COULD do it while doing mine before I offered to do it.