Missing the old Celebrity, thinking about Azamara

rollie

8 minutes ago, alwaysonaship said:

Well I speak from experience and we have always adhered to the dress code, but that doesn’t mean tuxes and ball gowns. 

I didn't say it did, but the dress code says suit or pants and a jacket.  We prefer lines that do NOT require a jacket and/or a tie.  That's our preference and luckily there are lines that fit our preferences.  I have no need to sail on Seabourn.  Not sure why you feel the need to explain their dress code to me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cyber Kat said:

I didn't say it did, but the dress code says suit or pants and a jacket.  We prefer lines that do NOT require a jacket and/or a tie.  That's our preference and luckily there are lines that fit our preferences.  I have no need to sail on Seabourn.  Not sure why you feel the need to explain their dress code to me.

I wasn’t explaining anything to you. I replied to your statement. 

We just finished our first Azamara cruise on the Journey. We really liked it. For the most part, I thought the food was very good. The buffets are not as big as on Celebrity or Royal. Really liked the patio (grill dining area). We never waited for a table (2 top, ate around 8pm) but did see some large groups waiting. I thought the service was great. I saw the captain more than on any other cruise. I liked the entertainment, but it’s definitely not big production shows. We really enjoyed the Azamazing evening and the white night, and the long times in ports. We got what we considered a very good deal, but we stayed in an inside cabin, which was small but worked fine for us. I was not sure I would like the small ship after sailing the mega-ships, but I really did.  For the right price, and right itinerary, I would definitely sail Azamara again.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2019 at 3:08 PM, davekathy said:

The grass is always greener on the other side. Well a according to some. 

Yes the grass seems to have been lush and very green on the small old ships in the old days of cruising.  And on other cruise lines today.  But likely full of some weeds too. 

• Like 1

We just cruised on the AZ Quest last month. We had been away from AZ for 7 years. We thought things had gone down hill.

We found it hard to find a included wine that we enjoyed. We cruised out of the US West Coast and California has many good wines in the $10. range so I can`t understand the poor choices of wine. We never waited for a table for 2 in the MDR. Food and service were just ok and the waiters seemed rushed. Otherwise crew and Officers were great. We also had a smashing White Night party. 

We also enjoy Seabourn and find fellow passengers very friendly. My DH wore a dress shirt with a jacket on Formal night and that was the norm. We also found the included wines on Seabourn to be just ok. The wines that are included on Celebrity are better. IMHO. 

We took our first cruise on Azamara in May and thought we were treated wonderfully.   We did upgrade to a CC suite, a junior suite larger stateroom.  We sail again in November and the same staff will be on the Journey.   Our cruise came with a $1200 cabin credit and they added another 1K when the itinerary was changed because of Cuba.   We can easily get the Ultimate beverage package and will have access to many of our favorite wines.  I was not happy with Seabourn included wines and the few we did like they ran out of.   I never noticed the prime tables being reserved for favored travelers as they were on Seabourn.    If you try either line you will enjoy them but you will pay more for Seabourn.