Would you....

ksmommy5

Solo female traveler. Would you Uber ($50/45 min ride) to hotel or Shuttle to port ($20/55) and Uber to hotel (25$/15 minutes)? I heard I can Uberpool? How does that option work? And would it be likely option going to Merritt Island (I guess I would share with Cocoa Beach travelers?)

My daughters Uber and Lyft regularly. Unlike with a cab or shuttle ride services offer an electronic record of your request and ride. Spend a few more bucks and ride Uber straight to your hotels.

I actually feel safer riding an Uber/Lyft than a taxi or other forms of transportation. You have a digital record of who your driver is, along with their license plate. You can also track the car’s location and even share it with others so that they can see where you are as you’re riding. 

I was very skeptical about using Uber/Lyft until I finally tried it. I’m now a believer.  

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

I have still never used Uber or Lyft...….I am probably in the minority.

If a dinosaur like me can figure out Uber and Lyft, so can you! Download the app, load your information and photo, and watch a couple of You Tube videos to figure it out. I have just about given up on taxis because I get better service for less money using Uber and Lyft.

2 hours ago, JohninDC said:

If a dinosaur like me can figure out Uber and Lyft, so can you! Download the app, load your information and photo, and watch a couple of You Tube videos to figure it out. I have just about given up on taxis because I get better service for less money using Uber and Lyft.

If I need a car again, I will think about it.  My next cruise is sailing out of VENICE.....the hotel has a car service I am choosing to use....they are picking me up at the airport.  And I will take a water taxi to the pier (It is Venice after all:classic_biggrin:) and post cruise I have a complimentary transfer from the cruiseline to get me to the airport.

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

If I need a car again, I will think about it.  My next cruise is sailing out of VENICE.....the hotel has a car service I am choosing to use....they are picking me up at the airport.  And I will take a water taxi to the pier (It is Venice after all:classic_biggrin:) and post cruise I have a complimentary transfer from the cruiseline to get me to the airport.

We did a Venice cruise last year - what a great city! 😎

1 hour ago, JohninDC said:

We did a Venice cruise last year - what a great city! 😎

I agree with you.:classic_biggrin: This will be my 2nd time visiting.....cannot wait:classic_smile:

Uber Carpool is available in selected locations.  You get a better price.  You might stop to pick up and drop off others.  You might not and for the lower price have a private drive.

I would spend the additional money and go alone and while I am not a solo female I would not have hesitations with my wife doing Uber.

We have had great experiences on all of our Uber trips.

Keith

I have never ridden Uber solo, mostly with my daughter who has ridden it solo many times, and we have felt safe riding. I would feel worried riding a taxi though, and need to check the driver’s info discreetly while I am in it. For Uber, I have all the info on the App and can keep a record of it digitally on the phone. You can also read reviews of the driver. I would pay more for the peace of mind by using Uber.

In the old days (5 years ago :classic_sleep:) I used my phone to take a picture of the Cab number and driver info, "in case I lose something. " Since the driver knew I had a record it cut down on the cheating attempts, but did not eliminate taking a longer route to "avoid traffic" and run up the fare . I much prefer Uber and Lyft, where you know the price before you book and have a digital record of the driver and car info.