Can I make a 7:40am flight out of SJU?

braces43

Even if the ship docks at 5:30am, it still has to clear its port check and begin disembarkation.  On top of that, you will need to clear two checkpoints once you get to SJU  (the first is an agricultural check, the second is standard TSA)

I can't fathom you'll make it in that kind of time frame. 

Our ship came in at 6:00am...we were the first off at 7:00am and had a 9:45am flight...which we made...However, I can't at all imagine someone would even consider a flight at 7:40am cruise end day.

Smaller ship...but we were at the San Juan airport on a Sunday before 7:00 am in March. We walked off the NCL Dawn and had no lines at customs, the agriculture check, airline check-in, or the TSA. 

We actually could have been there earlier -- the ship was cleared, but they didn't make an announcement (it was about 6:15 when we wandered down to see if we could walk off). Also, we ran into some traffic issues because roads were closed for a race. 

The previous season, we did got off the ship pretty early and were at the airport before 8:00. 

Can you make it? Barring any issues, yes. The friend that cruises with us booked at 7:45 am flight home (ours is at 9:15). My only concern is that the Epic is a bigger ship, so there are going to be more people (but not that early) and the fact that they might be more strict when it comes to walk-offs. 

As an FYI, we fly Southwest, so that was the part of the airport we were using. 

Edited by brookie848