Vista Suite veranda -- windy?

bbwex

Our first cruise on O, we were in an A cabin right below the bridge.  While I asked for this cabin, and I enjoyed the view, it was very windy when we were at sea.  We are thinking of taking a Vista Suite, but like our first O cruise, it is at the front of the ship, and unless the walls around the veranda are high, the wind made it difficult to use.  Has anyone been in the Vista Suites and what is the veranda like when at sea?

Thanks.

Reports are pretty consistent that it's very windy and often unuseable.

We have been in two Vistas on Marina and didn't notice that -- but we weren't out on the veranda very much on sea days.

Still, there's no view like this one when entering a port ...

OTOH to avoid the wind you can do an aft suite.  We love the Deck 11 OCs on Marina/Riviera for that reason.  We never had a problem using those verandas while at sea.  BUT ... the bad news is there are only two.

You get the same view, just in reverse.

Mura

I avoided booking the Vista suites for so many years because of the wind issue.  I always booked the aft Oceania suites.  When I finally ran into a cruise where the aft OC's did not become available, I decided to try the VS.  We lived on that balcony - I think we spent more time outside than we did inside the suite.  There was only one afternoon at sea where we could not use it because of high winds. 

I am kind of mad at myself for not trying it out earlier as the suite itself is a bit more to my liking in comparison to the OC.  The TV is in the living room.  There is no noise from above (in comparison to the aft OC with the Terrace above).  Also, the balcony is huge with room for multiple chaise loungers, chairs, and a full table. The OC aft wrap-around balcony does not have a full table and there is only one lounger and two chairs.  (I can speak from personal experience for 12001 and 9001 on O class ships) 

Just wanted to provide another perspective.  All super high-class "issues" to ponder!!!  There is a chance that I just got lucky with the weather. 

Have stayed in both Vista and aft Oceania suites.  I think it really depends on the itinerary.  If you are primarily sailing at night; you won't want the Vista; as the drapes must be drawn.  We loved the space in the Vista; but we used the wraparound balcony of the OS a great deal.  We never even considered the Vista on our next Riviera cruise.  OS it is for us.

Thanks for all of the replies.  They have been quite helpful.  Since we will be on one of the R ships, and we would be restricted about the drapes at night, we are going for a regular cabin.  I enjoy sitting outside far too much.  Again many thanks.

2 hours ago, bbwex said:

Thanks for all of the replies.  They have been quite helpful.  Since we will be on one of the R ships, and we would be restricted about the drapes at night, we are going for a regular cabin.  I enjoy sitting outside far too much.  Again many thanks.

maybe try a PH  ..not as big as the VS  but bigger than the regular cabins