What's great at the International Cafe?

tjcletzgo

On 9/18/2019 at 11:31 AM, Gimer said:

Yes, the plain Croissant were buttery and light, though, they seem a bit smaller in size.

Well, I have a solution for that.  If it is too small, have two.

I personally have found that cruise ships, in general, have pared down their portions... and I applaud them for it.  They have no reservation in serving another portion if one is still hungry. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I just scheduled my physical for right after the cruise... Dang, they didn't have any earlier appointments. Now my doctor will faint looking at my A1C and fasting glucose, because I am not holding anything back while on the cruise. Thank goodness, we only cruise twice a year....

Can you get your blood tests before you go on your cruise?  If so, then the you'll only have to worry about your weight when you visit your doctor.

😉

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Can you get your blood tests before you go on your cruise?  If so, then the you'll only have to worry about your weight when you visit your doctor.

😉

I don't think that's how it works...  LOL

In a surprising twist - I don't actually gain weight or maybe a couple of pounds at the most during the cruise.... I guess I already weigh so much that eating a ton during the cruise doesn't affect me at all. But the lab results don't lie!

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I don't think that's how it works...  LOL

In a surprising twist - I don't actually gain weight or maybe a couple of pounds at the most during the cruise.... I guess I already weigh so much that eating a ton during the cruise doesn't affect me at all. But the lab results don't lie!

Fair enough.

Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 3:22 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I just scheduled my physical for right after the cruise... Dang, they didn't have any earlier appointments. Now my doctor will faint looking at my A1C and fasting glucose, because I am not holding anything back while on the cruise. Thank goodness, we only cruise twice a year....

Yeah it'll get ya.  Cruising in 2 weeks and snuck in yesterday for my A1C.  I too would have been in trouble,

• Like 1

I know that this usually Healthy Keto following fitness instructor will visit the IC at least daily!  It is the one week I don't pay attention to macros.  I just enjoy!   Those peanut butter cup thingamajigs looked pretty amazing!  Can't wait to try them!   We always hit the IC first for a "pre-breakast" stop (coffee and a pastry) and then go to the buffet! LOL   Oh, I get a cookie mid afternoon there, too!