What's great at the International Cafe?

tjcletzgo

I forgot to post the photo of the Pistachio Croissant.  It was only okay, cause the pistachio was too soft.  I like the hot monkey bread and the peanut butter cup the best.  The Almond Croissant is still my favorite.  1634872939_A-gcopy.thumb.jpg.5ac4bfc6677513a523f96956d991407d.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/4/2019 at 4:55 PM, Triptkr said:

That's so funny!  I'm the exact same way...don't eat donuts at home--ever but on Princess ships will eat one of the sugar donuts.  They do a good job with them.  

Mu husband loves these! We stop there every morning for one (or two)

I will confess to being an "IC Junkie"    As soon as we board we immediately call to trade-in our mini-bar for coffee cards (now electronic).  Early every morning I quietly exit our cabin and quickly make myself at home at the IC with my excellent morning cappuccino.  The custard filled donuts (they have these every other day) is my personal donut favorite, but I have also been known to smile as I eat the egg sandwich (a Princess version of an egg mcmuffin)   In the afternoon I can be very happy if sipping a Banoffee.   It is at the IC that we have previously met and chatted with other CC posters and one CC regular (Howie) actually holds a morning coffee klatch at the IC whenever he cruises.  I have thought about doing the same....but it goes against my grain to be obligated to be anywhere on a schedule.

Hank

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

I will confess to being an "IC Junkie"    As soon as we board we immediately call to trade-in our mini-bar for coffee cards (now electronic).  Early every morning I quietly exit our cabin and quickly make myself at home at the IC with my excellent morning cappuccino.  The custard filled donuts (they have these every other day) is my personal donut favorite, but I have also been known to smile as I eat the egg sandwich (a Princess version of an egg mcmuffin)   In the afternoon I can be very happy if sipping a Banoffee.   It is at the IC that we have previously met and chatted with other CC posters and one CC regular (Howie) actually holds a morning coffee klatch at the IC whenever he cruises.  I have thought about doing the same....but it goes against my grain to be obligated to be anywhere on a schedule.

Hank

What is a 'Banoffee'?

7 minutes ago, Triptkr said:

What is a 'Banoffee'?

I can take a guess but may not get it quite right (somebody will certainly correct me).  It is a variation of ice coffee that is blended with a banana and I think some chocolate syrup.  It is served in a large plastic cup with a dome lid which is usually filled with whipped cream.  It is served at all the various Princess IC's....so the next time you are on one of the ships just ask the great baristas to make you one :). 

Hank

5 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I can take a guess but may not get it quite right (somebody will certainly correct me).  It is a variation of ice coffee that is blended with a banana and I think some chocolate syrup.  It is served in a large plastic cup with a dome lid which is usually filled with whipped cream.  It is served at all the various Princess IC's....so the next time you are on one of the ships just ask the great baristas to make you one :). 

Hank

Very interesting...could have potential if the banana flavor isn't too strong.        Thanks!

I love the delicious pastries for breakfast, although I have proper breakfast in the fresh market, I always stop by to see what they offer for the day. The almond croissants are so soft and delicious.

For brunch they have soup of the day, I always go for the minestrone or the tomato soup.

I love the salads with feta cheese, the toasted vegetarian pesto, tomato, mozzarella sandwiches and the feta cheese watermelon salad. Hmmm, all so delicious!

On 9/25/2019 at 1:27 PM, EmilyColwell said:

This thread is making me drool on my keyboard. 12 days and counting till I can eat those amazing salads and donuts again.

Emily,

I just ate the keyboard 😳the ICE CREAM keys were great. 😁

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The chocolate donuts were my husbands favorite. They don’t always have them in the case but they have them in back. Dennis worked every morning in the IC. He greeted me every morning and remembered the chocolate donut. Two cruises on the Crown and he was on them both. Loved the service!