New to Princess

tigger54

46 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Magnets usually disappear from the outer cabin doors so I've been using folded blue painters tape to attach anything.

We only use the magnets inside the cabin to hold notes on the walls.

We always use magnets on the outside door and havent had one disappear yet.  How sad that people would steal magnets!

2 hours ago, 2ferfun said:

We always use magnets on the outside door and havent had one disappear yet.  How sad that people would steal magnets!

Win some, lose some. :classic_smile:

And they weren't even the good strong magnets. 

The ship is made entirely of metal.  Only wood allowed has to be fire retardant and is severely limited to general areas for aesthetic reasons.   We never put magnets on the outside of the cabin door as one time we had a sign on the outside that disappeared on the second night aboard.  Two sided tape works but we seldom use it.  Inside the cabin we have a collection of magnets for the walls making one wall something like a large bulletin board.  

2 hours ago, satxdiver said:

The ship is made entirely of metal.  Only wood allowed has to be fire retardant and is severely limited to general areas for aesthetic reasons.   We never put magnets on the outside of the cabin door as one time we had a sign on the outside that disappeared on the second night aboard.  Two sided tape works but we seldom use it.  Inside the cabin we have a collection of magnets for the walls making one wall something like a large bulletin board.  

Bingo 

On 9/7/2019 at 11:25 AM, tigger54 said:

Is the cabin door on the Crown Princess magnetic?

The answer to your question is no. The door is metal. So you can put a  magnet on the door to hold up something like a picture or a  note. I always put this picture on my door. See Photo 

Tony

48023773-2C34-4741-83B2-1E3312566930.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, donswife said:

Our window suite on the Caribbean princess had a wooden door, so I could not use my magnets! I had brought an envelope to stick to the door with magnets, since they took the mailboxes away. 

That was on the Caribbean Princess correct?

That's the first time I've ever heard of a wooden door.

I though all cabin doors on Princess were metal. 

17 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

That was on the Caribbean Princess correct?

That's the first time I've ever heard of a wooden door.

I though all cabin doors on Princess were metal. 

Correct. I thought they were all metal too, until my magnets wouldn't stick to it! I should have taken a picture! I didn't go look at the doors to the other suites, but on the secret hallway we had wood doors!