I Norwegian Jewel deck plan question

Vancouver Lil

I am considering bidding on an upgrade to a Mini Suite. But I noticed that they are all on deck 11. Deck 12 with lots of bars, restaurants, swimming pools is to me a bit scary. Does anyone here know if noise above will be an issue? Because right now our balcony cabin on deck 9 is looking better.

Count on there being nose. Particularly when you won't be selecting your mini suite. There are a handful which are located under quiet(er) areas, and you can believe that those will have been directly booked.

Your ability to tolerate noise is the question.

25 minutes ago, Vancouver Lil said:

I am considering bidding on an upgrade to a Mini Suite. But I noticed that they are all on deck 11. Deck 12 with lots of bars, restaurants, swimming pools is to me a bit scary. Does anyone here know if noise above will be an issue? Because right now our balcony cabin on deck 9 is looking better.

Depending on where you end up you could have a lot of noise, or simply not much. The real question is why upgrade to a minisuite? They are just like a blacony cabin but with a bigger bathroom that has a tub.

I agree that if you can't pick your mini suite there is a strong possibility there will

be noise. Noise in these cabins from the deck above is a well known fact and most

people if they book directly will pick and choose the ones known to be relatively

quiet. That leaves the undesirable ones. Deck 9 on the Jewell class ships are very quiet

I stayed on deck 9 on the Pearl and it was great.

On 9/8/2019 at 8:16 PM, Vancouver Lil said:

Noise comes from the behavior of people...not from ships. If you are sailing with a rowdy party crowd, you might hear noise from deck 12...and possibly little or no noise if the crowd is more sedate.

Of course, your balcony on deck 9 might be next to, below, or above a room full of partying frat boys...or not.