Transportation to Port Canaveral

trishb13

My daughter and I are leaving on Monday on Mariner of the Seas. We arrive at the Orlando International Airport at 9:30 am. Could you please share the best way for us to travel to the port? We also will be traveling with my 10 year old grandson. I know that we could Uber, cab, etc. I assume there should be fellow cruisers that can share which transportation would work best for us. 

Thank you for any suggestions,

Trish

42 minutes ago, trishb13 said:

My daughter and I are leaving on Monday on Mariner of the Seas. We arrive at the Orlando International Airport at 9:30 am. Could you please share the best way for us to travel to the port? We also will be traveling with my 10 year old grandson. I know that we could Uber, cab, etc. I assume there should be fellow cruisers that can share which transportation would work best for us. 

Thank you for any suggestions,

Trish

Also check the Florida Departures forum:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/533-florida-departures/

27 minutes ago, da1425 said:

So many recommending Cortrans.  What makes them better than GoPort?

Cortrans is $20, GoPort is $15.  So for a family of four, it's $40 more to go with Cortrans.

Cortrans uses small buses, 15 passengers or so, and they have a lot of them so they don't take long to load and go.  I am not absolutely sure, but I think GoPort uses full sized motor coaches, so a lot more people to load or wait for, more luggage, etc.  Personally, I started using Cortrans shortly after they started business, found them totally reliable - they do hotel pickups around MCO and have always been at least on time and usually early (and waited) - so I've stuck with them.  $20 is a good price, but I'm not paying to transport a large family.  I use them because they've earned my loyalty.

22 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Do you need to book Cortrans ahead of time, or can you just get them as a   at MCO, upon landing.

The reason I am asking is if you would have a flight delay and miss your time.

Thanks

I would make advance reservations to ensure you get the time you want.  Last time we used them, they had only 3 departure times from the cruise port to the airport.

Joe's Airport service is a private company, not a shuttle service so he will meet you in the luggage area of the airport and drive you directly to your destination. He also took our luggage from the carousel, to his van for us? We highly recommend him, snd the price a couple of years ago was only $35 for my husband and I to go from MCO to our hotel in Cocoa Beach.