Do you use a lanyard?

nyc2pdx

I guess I won't be going on any newer ships if I can't punch a hole in my card, I use one of those stretchy things to attach it to my purse so I won't forget to remove it from the slot machine, if I get up to leave I get a gentle reminder that my card is not in my purse😱

IMHO

Wearing a lanyard on a cruise is tacky. 

Yes, people on staff at hospitals and other places of employment wear them for identification while working.

On a cruise, it is vacation time. If you are staying at a resort or luxury hotel, do you wear a lanyard there ?

And of course, If you wear your cruise card on a lanyard off the ship in port, it makes you an easy mark as a tourist. 

I keep my card in a card case given to  passengers on Celebrity ships. I slip this into my pocket or a small bag that I carry onboard or in a larger bag in port. My DH carries his card in his pocket.

Of course,to each his own....

17 hours ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

That is what we do; but, I learned a lesson on a cruise where I went golfing and purchased a divot tool that had a magnet on it. I put it in the same pocket as my key card. When I went to get back on the ship it seems that the magnet had erased all of my information. OOOPS. Lesson learned.

I have done something much worse than that. The last evening I left the card in my pocket and put it in my suitcase....

I wish I had learned my lesson but no! Hopefully I learned it after the second time I did it!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MJSailors said:

IMHO

Yes, people on staff at hospitals and other places of employment wear them for identification while working.

On a cruise, it is vacation time. If you are staying at a resort or luxury hotel, do you wear a lanyard there ?

And of course, If you wear your cruise card on a lanyard off the ship in port, it makes you an easy mark as a tourist. 

I keep my card in a card case given to  passengers on Celebrity ships. I slip this into my pocket or a small bag that I carry onboard or in a larger bag in port. My DH carries his card in his pocket.

I've seen a lot of tacky on cruise ships; wearing a lanyard is the least of the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MJSailors said:

IMHO

Uhh, thanks ?

Believe me, in any foreign port the locals know who’s a tourist even without a lanyard.

12 hours ago, MJSailors said: