Price of Studio Cabins

latebuyer

1 hour ago, billslowsky said:

The solo cruiser deals advertised right now on the ncl site include cruises as soon as this week and more as far out as January.  Studio costs more than inside.  NCL does a good job making these available to solos.

You might get the lowest prices on the September, but there are good deals one can plan for.

you are finding supplement drops  in January-   and bottom prices?    I haven't typically found this,  and continue to mostly see supplement drops happening later.     I am striving for "lowest".   And as I mentioned,  I'm very flexible-  a few days,  again,  just picked up a supplement drop-  leaving Sunday.  :)    

Certainly many choices-   all that matters-   being true to yourself,   there is something for everyone.   

2 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

you are finding supplement drops  in January-   and bottom prices?    I haven't typically found this,  and continue to mostly see supplement drops happening later.     I am striving for "lowest".   And as I mentioned,  I'm very flexible-  a few days,  again,  just picked up a supplement drop-  leaving Sunday.  🙂   

Certainly many choices-   all that matters-   being true to yourself,   there is something for everyone.   

I got a crazy good last minute deal the first week of December 2016. I think I paid about $500 with taxes and gratuities on an inside with UBP solo for the newly refurbished Dawn out of New Orleans for 5 days! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Victorious8 said:

I got a crazy good last minute deal the first week of December 2016. I think I paid about $500 with taxes and gratuities on an inside with UBP solo for the newly refurbished Dawn out of New Orleans for 5 days! 

I went to Bermuda in July; the inside cabin was $499 for a solo, I splurged on a balcony for about $300 more.  (Plus all the taxes)

18 hours ago, billslowsky said:

I haven't seen many studios discounted.  Traveling solo, the regular inside can be a great deal.  I've done well with sailaway, I can't justify the hundreds more for the drink package. 

Or, I'm better off not trying to.

I have also bought sailaway inside and been able to upgrade via bidding.  Inside to oceanview was pretty cheap.

Even with the discounted sail away rate; doesn't the fact that you have to pay double make it more?

11 hours ago, christinand said:

Some people think the price i quoted is wrong but i believe when you choose 1 for number of guests it shows the fares for one person. Alas the $500 fare is sold out now. I'll keep an eye on the bliss as it sails out of vancouver. I wouldn't mind trying a studio once.

The problem is you are comparing a sailaway inside to a non-sailaway category (Studio)...  so to be a closer comparison, you would need to compare the Studio to a non-sailaway Inside category.  In that case , you will see the prices being closer to eachother.  To give an example:  On my cruise, which is 60+ days out, a Studio is priced at $1379 right now, and a regular (not midship) inside is $1459, both allow you to choose ONE "Free" at Sea promotion...  The sail-away inside is only $1289 but of course no "free" promotion.

18 minutes ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

Even with the discounted sail away rate; doesn't the fact that you have to pay double make it more?

NCL makes it much easier to find cruises with no or reduced single supplements.  Go to their website, up at the top you can click on Cruise Deals, then click on Solo cruise discounts, it takes you to a screen where you can view both cruises with studio cabins , or ones with no double charge.

Most are cruises coming up soon, but not all, there are even some January cruises there today.  And a lot of Bahamas cruises suddenly...  Prices as low as an inside cabin for $129 for a 5 day Bahamas cruise plus taxes.  Not $129 times two, $129.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

I haven’t paid double yet-   And don’t plan to. 😀😀.   As I mentioned- I late book—. Late like usually less than a week prior.  Twice this year I booked the late evening prior.   None of my cruises - this year- have been booked more than 2 weeks ahead-  (cruise #. 17-  I’m  in transit now). 

NCL. Offers single occupancy fares. With no supplement.     Certainly offers some very nice itineraries.    

• Like 2

All this talk about Studio cabins made me decide to book one for next April.

Studio Cabin.

Taxes and Port Fees.

Pre-Paid DSC.

Pick one:  Alcohol package.

Beverage Package Gratuities.

Total of $1309 or about $187 per day.     Room, all I can eat, all the booze I want, fun times at sea, a few port calls.  Pretty good deal.

Oh, and I splurged on a First Class airline seat from the Midwest to MIA that was dirt cheap. Something to look forward to after what will surely be a long Winter. 

The glass is definitely half full.  🙂

1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

All this talk about Studio cabins made me decide to book one for next April.

Studio Cabin.

Taxes and Port Fees.

Pre-Paid DSC.

Pick one:  Alcohol package.

Beverage Package Gratuities.

Total of $1309 or about $187 per day.     Room, all I can eat, all the booze I want, fun times at sea, a few port calls.  Pretty good deal.

Oh, and I splurged on a First Class airline seat from the Midwest to MIA that was dirt cheap. Something to look forward to after what will surely be a long Winter. 

The glass is definitely half full.  🙂

When. What ship?    As long as you’re happy.   

5 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

When. What ship?    As long as you’re happy.   

Oops, lost some info when I cut and pasted.   Epic, April '20 out of Miami.  Wish I could book late like some do but then airfare gets more expensive and booked up from this area.   Sort of a trade off, I guess.

Edited by ColeThornton