Palma de Mallorca DIY - NEW

Host Bonjour

4 minutes ago, SUESEABE said:

@roger b We are thinking of doing 'Driveando' E-Car tour in Palma. Meeting place is McDonald's in front of Porto Pi Shopping Mall. Google maps tell me that this is a nine minute walk from Cruise Terminal. Does this sound about right to you. Thanks in advance.

Suzie

Hi ,it all depends  where your ship docks ,if you are on one of the mega ships  ,you will dock along way from Porto Pi and it could be a half hour walk.

roger b

• Thanks 1

Hi! What’s the best way to get to Calo Des Moro from the cruise port? We know once we get to the car park it’s a bit of a hike but just struggling to find a way there from the port. We will be on Symphony of the Seas in port 8a-4p. Thanks in advance! 

18 minutes ago, kfajardo16 said:

Hi! What’s the best way to get to Calo Des Moro from the cruise port? We know once we get to the car park it’s a bit of a hike but just struggling to find a way there from the port. We will be on Symphony of the Seas in port 8a-4p. Thanks in advance! 

You have picked a difficult place to get to, the only way is to hire a car , if you got a taxi you would never get back to the ship.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cruise+Terminal,+Palma+de+Mallorca,+Estacio+Maritima+2,+Avinguda+de+Gabriel+Roca,+Palma/Caló+del+Moro,+07650+Sant+Antoni+de+Portmany,+Balearic+Islands/@39.4425725,2.5938578,10z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x1297920e56bd227b:0xd030d5f49b4311b7!2m2!1d2.6266115!2d39.5528972!1m5!1m1!1s0x1296551884795223:0xbd6f8cde105dd8a7!2m2!1d3.1213986!2d39.3136144!3e0?authuser=0

If you hope to go anytime in July/August it will be very crowded and no facilities are there.

This might be an option for you, but I have no knowledge of this trip.

https://www.getyourguide.co.uk/cala-figuera-l4722/from-cala-figuera-boat-trip-to-cala-marmols-calo-de-moro-t445638/

You still need to hire a car !!

roger b

36 minutes ago, roger b said:

You have picked a difficult place to get to, the only way is to hire a car , if you got a taxi you would never get back to the ship.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cruise+Terminal,+Palma+de+Mallorca,+Estacio+Maritima+2,+Avinguda+de+Gabriel+Roca,+Palma/Caló+del+Moro,+07650+Sant+Antoni+de+Portmany,+Balearic+Islands/@39.4425725,2.5938578,10z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x1297920e56bd227b:0xd030d5f49b4311b7!2m2!1d2.6266115!2d39.5528972!1m5!1m1!1s0x1296551884795223:0xbd6f8cde105dd8a7!2m2!1d3.1213986!2d39.3136144!3e0?authuser=0

If you hope to go anytime in July/August it will be very crowded and no facilities are there.

This might be an option for you, but I have no knowledge of this trip.

https://www.getyourguide.co.uk/cala-figuera-l4722/from-cala-figuera-boat-trip-to-cala-marmols-calo-de-moro-t445638/

You still need to hire a car !!

roger b

Thank you so much for your advice!! I really appreciate it. We would be going in April, How can we go about hiring a car?

4 minutes ago, kfajardo16 said:

Thank you so much for your advice!! I really appreciate it. We would be going in April, How can we go about hiring a car?

Try Arash they will leave the car at the port and you return it there !!

https://arashrentacar.com/

This the best and easiest solution remember to tell them what ship you are on as yours will dock as the west quay.

Roger b

4 hours ago, roger b said:

Try Arash they will leave the car at the port and you return it there !!

https://arashrentacar.com/

This the best and easiest solution remember to tell them what ship you are on as yours will dock as the west quay.

Roger b

Sounds good, we will do that! Thank you very much again for your help Roger, it’s much appreciated! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2019 at 8:06 PM, mskaufman said:

When we were in Palma we did a DIY to Soller and then the Port of Soller.  The train station was a 6E taxi ride from the port.  It was an old wooden train and the ride was great. We took the bus back with a quick stop in Valdemossa.

IMG_8865.JPG

IMG_8955.JPG

I was thinking of doing this in reverse, but am interested in how you took the bus back with a stop in Valdemossa.  I was thinking of taking a taxi to Valdemossa, then going to Soller and the port of Soller and taking the train back to Palma.  Is there a bus that goes to Soller via Valdemossa that we can get on and off of?

I have just read through every one of these posts as well as the previous topic of Mallorca DIY, and have read some conflicting things, which I think are because some of the posts were older and pre-covid or right after.

We are coming in to Palma on the Celebrity Infinity on May 23.  I would like to, preferably, visit Valdemossa, Soller, Port of Soller, and take the train from Soller back to Palma.  At first, I thought that was not doable because the train left too late but I see there is a 2:00 train from Soller to Palma.  So I'm thinking we could take a taxi from either the port or from Palma to Soller, take the tram to the port of Soller and back to Soller in time to take the 2:00 train back to Palma.  What I don't have is the tram times, I think I read that the tram leaves every hour? or every half hour? Is that on the hour? 

Originally I was thinking maybe we could take a taxi to Valdemossa then another taxi from there to Soller, but I don't know if we'd have enough time.  I know there is a bus that goes to Soller, and someone said they took it via Valdemossa, but I don't know if I feel confident enough to do that.  

Does my timetable look like it would work? Or should I just do it in reverse, take the taxi from the port (I don't know if there is a shuttle), to the train station in Palma, take the train to Soller, take the tram to the port of Soller and take a taxi back from there to Palma? My thinking is that I would like some time to walk around Palma, maybe visit the Cathedral, etc.

23 hours ago, dswcruiser10 said:

Will be on NCL Escape November 2024 - looking for a tour (driver) for 8 people.  Is there someone who does this?  We do not want to hire a car and drive our selves.  Thank you for your help.

Hi  ,I can help with this please email me on shoeuk at hotmail.com

Roger b

On 2/23/2023 at 12:15 AM, roger b said:

Hi, Both are possible it's your choice ,My best plan and cheapest:

The Beach:

Could be crowded, but you have the choice of 2 other small coves next to the Ballinerio Illetas, Both have facilities and beds you only need two, and the boys can sit on towels. also, get the shuttle into Palma the bus is only a short walk from where you are dropped off.  Get the Number 4 bus 

Come back to me if you have any other Questions?

Rogerb

Hi,

I'm going to be there on Wednesday, May 3. What is the best/most convenient way to get to Ballinerio Illetas and back from the cruise port? Also, how far of a drive is it?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, cruisegal415 said:

I was thinking of doing this in reverse, but am interested in how you took the bus back with a stop in Valdemossa.  I was thinking of taking a taxi to Valdemossa, then going to Soller and the port of Soller and taking the train back to Palma.  Is there a bus that goes to Soller via Valdemossa that we can get on and off of?

Hi, yes you can do this ,

Shuttle into town from the ship ,walk to the station 

Train to Soller 

Tram to Port de Soller 

Bus from P de Soller back to Palma (No 203 ) via Valdermossa 

Look for the bus stop in P de Soller on Google Maps .

Bus times below

https://www.tib.org/ca/linies-i-horaris/autobus/-/linia/203

https://trendesoller.com/eng/timetable.php?register_vars[ckAnalitica]=1

You could also do this the other way round by starting with taxi to Valdermossa .

come back to me  if you have any questions!!

Roger b 

Edited by roger b
Missed something
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GenXer said:

Hi,

I'm going to be there on Wednesday, May 3. What is the best/most convenient way to get to Ballinerio Illetas and back from the cruise port? Also, how far of a drive is it?

Thanks!

Hi ,Get a Taxi about 15/20mins about 15/20 euros 

Roger b

• Like 1

18 hours ago, roger b said:

Hi, yes you can do this ,

Shuttle into town from the ship ,walk to the station 

Train to Soller 

Tram to Port de Soller 

Bus from P de Soller back to Palma (No 203 ) via Valdermossa 

Look for the bus stop in P de Soller on Google Maps .

Bus times below

https://www.tib.org/ca/linies-i-horaris/autobus/-/linia/203

https://trendesoller.com/eng/timetable.php?register_vars[ckAnalitica]=1

You could also do this the other way round by starting with taxi to Valdermossa .

come back to me  if you have any questions!!

Roger b 

My husband is nervous about taking the bus, what with trying to find bus stops and times.  What if we took a taxi to Valdermossa, would we be able to find a taxi that would take us from there to Port of Soller? Then we would do the tram to Soller and the train back to Palma.  Is it worthwhile to go to Valdermossa? Or, given that the last train that we could take and still make it back to our ship leaves at 2 pm from Soller to Palma, is this too much to fit in? We arrive in Palma at 7 am but sometimes it takes a while to clear the ship before they allow us to get off.  I'm thinking if we leave the ship at 9, either take a taxi from the port to Valdermossa, or if there is a shuttle to town, take the shuttle and get a taxi in town to Valdermossa, it's about what, a half hour drive? So we'd visit Valdermossa for an hour, then would it be hard to find a taxi to Port of Soller? Or maybe we can get the taxi driver to drive us around Valdermossa then take us to the Port of Soller? Are there Ubers in Mallorca?

17 minutes ago, cruisegal415 said:

My husband is nervous about taking the bus, what with trying to find bus stops and times.  What if we took a taxi to Valdermossa, would we be able to find a taxi that would take us from there to Port of Soller? Then we would do the tram to Soller and the train back to Palma.  Is it worthwhile to go to Valdermossa? Or, given that the last train that we could take and still make it back to our ship leaves at 2 pm from Soller to Palma, is this too much to fit in? We arrive in Palma at 7 am but sometimes it takes a while to clear the ship before they allow us to get off.  I'm thinking if we leave the ship at 9, either take a taxi from the port to Valdermossa, or if there is a shuttle to town, take the shuttle and get a taxi in town to Valdermossa, it's about what, a half hour drive? So we'd visit Valdermossa for an hour, then would it be hard to find a taxi to Port of Soller? Or maybe we can get the taxi driver to drive us around Valdermossa then take us to the Port of Soller? Are there Ubers in Mallorca?

NO Ubers !!

As the main attraction, the Monestry does not open until 10 am,   I have a guide that would do it he would be able to take you to Valdermossa wait for you , then to P der Soller to pick you up at the station in Palma and give you a quick tour before returning to the ship.

Please email me on shoeuk at hotmail.com

roger b

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 4:58 PM, roger b said:

Just thought I would give you a little taster , Looks expensive but all beaches in Spain are free , the beds are charged for and the restaurant is very good .

This looks amazing. I've been to Palma twice before but we have never been to the beaches. It will be October 11th just wondering if it will be too cold?

10 hours ago, Ajnp said:

This looks amazing. I've been to Palma twice before but we have never been to the beaches. It will be October 11th just wondering if it will be too cold?

I agree... it looks amazing, and I booked a sunbed/restaurant reservation for when I'm there on May 3. I am concerned, however, that it may not be warm enough. Right now it looks like it will most likely be about 70F on May 3 (I looked at historical weather records online). Last year on October 11 it was 77F, and in 2021 it was 79F.
https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/spain/palma/historic?month=10&year=2022

Edited by GenXer

8 minutes ago, GenXer said:

I agree... it looks amazing, and I booked a sunbed/restaurant reservation for when I'm there on May 3. I am concerned, however, that it may not be warm enough. Right now it looks like it will most likely be about 70F on May 3 (I looked at historical weather records online). Last year on October 11 it was 77F, and in 2021 it was 79F.

No Worries, its hotter in the sun I have T-shirt and shorts every day, Fingers crossed for a great day out   !! I might be there myself .

1 minute ago, roger b said:

No Worries, its hotter in the sun I have T-shirt and shorts every day, Fingers crossed for a great day out   !! I might be there myself .

Thanks, I really appreciate all of your advice!

70F isn't that cold to me anyway--I'm originally from Seattle and now live in Colorado; I'm no stranger to weather much colder than that!

2 hours ago, GenXer said:

Where is this beach?  The name of the beachclub?