Palma de Mallorca DIY - NEW

Host Bonjour

17 hours ago, roger b said:

This was taken November 11th last year ,it was 24 degrees,  but no guarantee  with the weather !! Last October  weather  was fantastic. 20221113_132244-EFFECTS.thumb.jpg.919740d9471adcf77fc8942ab2279fff.jpg

Wouldn’t that be great!!!!

On 4/10/2023 at 1:50 PM, roger b said:

NO Ubers !!

As the main attraction, the Monestry does not open until 10 am,   I have a guide that would do it he would be able to take you to Valdermossa wait for you , then to P der Soller to pick you up at the station in Palma and give you a quick tour before returning to the ship.

Please email me on shoeuk at hotmail.com

roger b

I will email you.  In the meantime can you clarify something? You mentioned a nice cafe in Soller, was that in Soller or in Port of Soller? If we want to visit both Port de Soller and Soller, I'm guessing we see Port de Soller first, then take the tram to Soller, then catch the 2 pm train back to Palma? I see that it is a 25 minute tram ride from Port de Soller to Soller, not sure what times the trams run, trying to backtrack times in order to be on the 2 pm train from Soller to Palma, we'd have to know what time to get to Port de Soller, how much time we have there, in time to go to Soller and look around before we catch the train.  Seems like having an experienced person with us would make the most sense.

2 hours ago, cruisegal415 said:

I will email you.  In the meantime can you clarify something? You mentioned a nice cafe in Soller, was that in Soller or in Port of Soller? If we want to visit both Port de Soller and Soller, I'm guessing we see Port de Soller first, then take the tram to Soller, then catch the 2 pm train back to Palma? I see that it is a 25 minute tram ride from Port de Soller to Soller, not sure what times the trams run, trying to backtrack times in order to be on the 2 pm train from Soller to Palma, we'd have to know what time to get to Port de Soller, how much time we have there, in time to go to Soller and look around before we catch the train.  Seems like having an experienced person with us would make the most sense.

Hi , I see your ship is in the port from 7am till 6pm so you will have plenty of time to see all the places we have been through. 

I have been  looking at the times again and we have this wasted time about 2 hours from the  time you get off the ship.

So it will  be better to start  from Palma with the Train. 

If you email me I have proposal for you .

roger b

Edited by roger b
Spelling

9 hours ago, roger b said:

Hi , I see your ship is in the port from 7am till 6pm so you will have plenty of time to see all the places we have been through. 

I have been  looking at the times again and we have this wasted time about 2 hours from the  time you get off the ship.

So it will  be better to start  from Palma with the Train. 

If you email me I have proposal for you .

roger b

I emailed you. 

@roger b Hello there! after reading your suggestions I have booked sunbeds at balnearioilletas for my family (6 adults, 1 baby 6months)).  We will be on an MSC ship arriving June 9th at 9 am but the ship is docked until 10pm.  We will likely spend most of the morning and have lunch at the beach club but was wondering if you could suggest something for the afternoon. Should we take taxis from the port to the beach club and then after...taxis again into town? Will there be plenty of taxis in the area of this beach club and do they usually have an infant car seat? Anything you would suggest for us to do between maybe 3pm and 6 pm?  Thank you so much for all your posts on here 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Mm259 said:

@roger b Hello there! after reading your suggestions I have booked sunbeds at balnearioilletas for my family (6 adults, 1 baby 6months)).  We will be on an MSC ship arriving June 9th at 9 am but the ship is docked until 10pm.  We will likely spend most of the morning and have lunch at the beach club but was wondering if you could suggest something for the afternoon. Should we take taxis from the port to the beach club and then after...taxis again into town? Will there be plenty of taxis in the area of this beach club and do they usually have an infant car seat? Anything you would suggest for us to do between maybe 3pm and 6 pm?  Thank you so much for all your posts on here 🙂 

Hi ,

You should have a great day on the beach, You will be able to get taxis outside the beach club ,when you have finished lunch ask the restaurant to call  for 2 taxis some have a car seat.

It is just as easy to get the bus it stops right out right outside the beach bar.

entrance and runs every 15mins will take you to the centre of town for 2 eu.

You will see the route to the port or into town !! about 30 mins 

roger b

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cruisegal415 said:

Does anyone know if Celebrity offers a shuttle from the port in Mallorca to Palma? If not, which port does Celebrity dock at, and how long a taxi ride is it into town? Like to the train station?

Most cruise lines offer a shuttle into town it stops in front of the cathedral,it is about a 20 min walk the station.

Taxi into town about 20 mins.

No knowing which quay your ship will dock at but the big ships dock at quay 7 which quite a long walk to the port entrance.

Edited by roger b
Missed something

40 minutes ago, roger b said:

Most cruise lines offer a shuttle into town it stops in front of the cathedral,it is about a 20 min walk the station.

Taxi into town about 20 mins.

No knowing which quay your ship will dock at but the big ships dock at quay 7 which quite a long walk to the port entrance.

So I understand, if there is a shuttle, it's a 20 minute shuttle ride, plus a 20 minute walk from there? But if we take a taxi from the port, it's a 20 minute ride? Trying to figure out how much time to allow.

3 hours ago, cruisegal415 said:

So I understand, if there is a shuttle, it's a 20 minute shuttle ride, plus a 20 minute walk from there? But if we take a taxi from the port, it's a 20 minute ride? Trying to figure out how much time to allow.

Sould be 20 min taxi ride to station 

Here the route by taxi

Shared route
From Port de Palma de Mallorca to Plaça d'Espanya via Av. de Gabriel Roca.

11 min (4.9 km)
11 min in current traffic

1. Head south-west
2. Slight right
3. Continue straight
4. Use any lane to turn slightly right onto Av. de Gabriel Roca
5. At the roundabout, continue straight to stay on Av. de Gabriel Roca
6. Turn left onto Avinguda de l'Argentina
7. Slight right onto Plaça de la Feixina
8. Turn right onto Av. de Portugal/Plaça del Fortí
9. Arrive at location: Plaça d'Espanya
For the best route in current traffic visit https://maps.app.goo.gl/2AogKqD8CD9RvG5w7

Roger  b

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, roger b said:

Sould be 20 min taxi ride to station 

Here the route by taxi

Shared route
From Port de Palma de Mallorca to Plaça d'Espanya via Av. de Gabriel Roca.

11 min (4.9 km)
11 min in current traffic

1. Head south-west
2. Slight right
3. Continue straight
4. Use any lane to turn slightly right onto Av. de Gabriel Roca
5. At the roundabout, continue straight to stay on Av. de Gabriel Roca
6. Turn left onto Avinguda de l'Argentina
7. Slight right onto Plaça de la Feixina
8. Turn right onto Av. de Portugal/Plaça del Fortí
9. Arrive at location: Plaça d'Espanya
For the best route in current traffic visit https://maps.app.goo.gl/2AogKqD8CD9RvG5w7

Roger  b

Here is the walk  from the shuttle  drop off 

Shared route
From Catedral-Basílica de Santa María de Mallorca to Plaça d'Espanya via Carrer del Palau Reial.

15 min (1.2 km)

1. Walk north-west towards Carrer del Palau Reial
2. Turn right onto Carrer del Palau Reial
3. Continue straight onto Plaça de Cort
4. Continue onto Carrer de Colom
5. Continue onto Plaça del Marquès del Palmer
6. Slight right onto Pl. Major
7. Continue onto Carrer de Sant Miquel
8. Turn right onto Plaça de l'Olivar
9. Turn left to stay on Plaça de l'Olivar
10. Continue onto Passatge Particular de Santa Catalina de Sena
11. Continue onto Carrer dels Caputxins
12. Continue straight onto Pl. d'Espanya
13. Turn left to stay on Pl. d'Espanya
14. Arrive at location: Plaça d'Espanya
To see this route visit https://maps.app.goo.gl/9zqktgPpamfD64gKA

Roger  b

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2023 at 12:18 PM, roger b said:

Hi ,

You should have a great day on the beach, You will be able to get taxis outside the beach club ,when you have finished lunch ask the restaurant to call  for 2 taxis some have a car seat.

It is just as easy to get the bus it stops right out right outside the beach bar.

entrance and runs every 15mins will take you to the centre of town for 2 eu.

You will see the route to the port or into town !! about 30 mins 

roger b

Hi Roger,

We are planning on going to this beach club thanks to your suggestion! I noticed you said you can take a taxi here for 10-12 euros, but you stated in this post that there is a cheap bus that takes you back into town. Is it possible to take this bus to the beach as well? Where is the pick up spot? Thanks so much 🙂 

3 hours ago, nyletak said:

Hi Roger,

We are planning on going to this beach club thanks to your suggestion! I noticed you said you can take a taxi here for 10-12 euros, but you stated in this post that there is a cheap bus that takes you back into town. Is it possible to take this bus to the beach as well? Where is the pick up spot? Thanks so much 🙂

Hi

Here is the route by bus ,if you press on the bottom it shows you where to catch the bus No 204 it's only 2 eu and you just get off at the last stop.

If you you look at the map you will see two possible docks your ship could use if you are on one the larger ships it is a long walk  to the bus stop 

roger b

Shared route

From Port de Palma de Mallorca, Palma to Balneario Illetas - Beach Club, departs from 82-Joan Miró - Corb Marí.

33 min

1. Head southwest
2. Slight left
3. Turn right
4. Slight left
5. Slight right toward Carrer de Porto Pi
6. Continue onto Carrer de Porto Pi
7. Turn right onto Avinguda de Joan Miró
8. Board 4  at 82-Joan Miró - Corb Marí
9. Arrive at location: Get off at 93-ses Illetes
10. Head south on Passeig Illetes toward Carrer 830
11. Sharp left onto Carrer Cala Contesa
12. Continue onto Passeig Illetes
13. Arrive at location: Balneario Illetas - Beach Club
For the best route leaving now visit https://maps.app.goo.gl/3mTAvQEXCcvbCW4d7

• Like 1

16 hours ago, roger b said:

Hi

Here is the route by bus ,if you press on the bottom it shows you where to catch the bus No 204 it's only 2 eu and you just get off at the last stop.

If you you look at the map you will see two possible docks your ship could use if you are on one the larger ships it is a long walk  to the bus stop 

roger b

Shared route

From Port de Palma de Mallorca, Palma to Balneario Illetas - Beach Club, departs from 82-Joan Miró - Corb Marí.

33 min

1. Head southwest
2. Slight left
3. Turn right
4. Slight left
5. Slight right toward Carrer de Porto Pi
6. Continue onto Carrer de Porto Pi
7. Turn right onto Avinguda de Joan Miró
8. Board 4  at 82-Joan Miró - Corb Marí
9. Arrive at location: Get off at 93-ses Illetes
10. Head south on Passeig Illetes toward Carrer 830
11. Sharp left onto Carrer Cala Contesa
12. Continue onto Passeig Illetes
13. Arrive at location: Balneario Illetas - Beach Club
For the best route leaving now visit https://maps.app.goo.gl/3mTAvQEXCcvbCW4d7

Thank you so much Roger! I wish every port had someone like you to help plan!! Are there any tapa places you think visitors MUST try? It’s my last question I promise 🥹

2 minutes ago, nyletak said:

Thank you so much Roger! I wish every port had someone like you to help plan!! Are there any tapa places you think visitors MUST try? It’s my last question I promise 🥹

Hi ,

The Ballinario Illetas do tapas ( all Good ) , We we just down on the beach today and I thought maybe if it was too crowded on that beach, there are two others with some facilities not as upmarket as  Ballinario Illetas but much quieter and they are next to it to the right.

20230421_110127.jpg

Beach Illetas.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roger b said:

I thought I would post this to show the distance  the long walk to the port entrance from the largest cruise ships :

Wow that is a long walk from the ship.  I didn't see any taxis right where you disembark from the ship.  Are there taxis at the port entrance as well as the shuttle? How much is the shuttle? Cash only? 

1 hour ago, cruisegal415 said:

Wow that is a long walk from the ship.  I didn't see any taxis right where you disembark from the ship.  Are there taxis at the port entrance as well as the shuttle? How much is the shuttle? Cash only? 

We were there in October and Celebrity had a free shuttle bus that ran back and forth from the ship to the cathedral. I can't remember the exact time frame but it ran something like every twenty minutes to thirty minutes. It went very smoothly. 

Edited by larry_s_taco
Typo
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, larry_s_taco said:

We were there in October and Celebrity had a free shuttle bus that ran back and forth from the ship to the cathedral. I can't remember the exact time frame but it ran something like every twenty minutes to thirty minutes. It went very smoothly. 

1 hour ago, cruisegal415 said:

It is about 10 eu for the shuttle,but there should be taxis there aim to get off early I'm sure there will be some , Cash only !! some cruise lines offer a free shuttle !!

Edited by roger b
A bit missing
  • Thanks 1

I'm looking for a nice place for lunch, ideally with a nice view, for Sunday May 7 in port with Celebrity Infinity.  DW cannot do much walking or much stairs, so a taxi to a nice place to eat is likely the day's "activity."

Any ideas?

- Joel

Edited by cl.klink
typo

28 minutes ago, cl.klink said:

I'm looking for a nice place for lunch, ideally with a nice view, for Sunday May 7 in port with Celebrity Infinity.  DW cannot do much walking or much stairs, so a taxi to a nice place to eat is likely the day's "activity."

Any ideas?

- Joel

Hi Joel,

My recommendations are Lilas or the Skybar both restaurants have lovely views and food (15 /20 mins from port)

https://www.lila-portals.com/

https://www.hotelalmudaina.com/en/sky-area

Make sure you Book !!!!

roger b

17 minutes ago, cruisin73 said:

I just realized all aboard is 3:30 we have lunch reservations at 12:30 at Balneario Illetas.  Will we have enough time to get back to the ship or should we cancel lunch?

Don't worry it is only a 15 min taxi ride back to the port ask the restaurant to order you a taxi for 2.45 pm to be sure 

roger b