How early can you board in Miami?

Misssmb

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Not sure we will be at Terminal J on Nov. 16, as Seabourn Sojourn will also be inn port that day.  Is there space for two ships there?  EM

There is only one boarding area and gangway, so the answer is probably no. 

Here's a link to the Port of Miami webcam.

Terminal J is the little tan building with gangway to the right of the three Royal Caribbean buildings. 

Edited by Rob the Cruiser

1 hour ago, Nymich said:

Thank You as well.  This can be a tough crowd.  Maybe they should just skip reading the things they think are stupid or foolish.

Many of us are new to O and will have LOTS of questions which is the purpose of CC.  Perhaps the few that have all the answers and think we are stupid to be asking questions can create their own board and talk amongst themselves?  

To anyone who does see this post ask any questions you want to and when someone tries to tear your head off put them on ignore.   Thank You RJB for being the voice of reason.

Thank you so much! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Call me dense, but I truly don’t understand why the boarding time given each passenger, in their blue book, is so difficult to comprehend. ???

Boarding time 11:00.

Boarding time 13:00.

What part of that is beyond the intellectual grasp of an Oceania cruiser? Obviously many, because the question is constantly asked. 

I often read these goofy posts about how Oceania cruisers are more sophisticated than mass market cruisers, then we get posts that say “ My documents say I’m to board at 13:00 but can I really board at 9:30? Really scares me about the sophistication of mass market cruisers if O cruisers can’t read simple boarding instructions!

OK Your name is dense.  I know one Oceania cruiser that isn't sophisticated.  LOL  Another person put on ignor.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jay23 said:

Isn't there a difference between "boarding" and "checking in"  ?        I think you can check in and then wait to be told when you can board the ship.    J

IME

Once you are checked in you  can go  direct to the ship

There are several lines  so I would not think they want you to line up again  once checked in

but I could be wrong

It all goes fairly smoothly  usually 😉

• Like 1

I'm curious about something (this is our first O cruise) - when we sail one of the mainstream lines, we're usually having lunch on embarkation day by 11:30 AM and our cabins are ready by 1:00 PM.  We've had this even on the Oasis class ships with over 6,000 passengers where we've boarded as early as 10:30 AM for a regular balcony cabin.

Yet, on O, in our B1 cabin, we won't board until 1:00 and I guess that the cabin won't be ready until 3:00.  It's not a big deal.  But, what do they do with that time that the other lines don't need?

1 hour ago, ricka47 said:

I'm curious about something (this is our first O cruise) - when we sail one of the mainstream lines, we're usually having lunch on embarkation day by 11:30 AM and our cabins are ready by 1:00 PM.  We've had this even on the Oasis class ships with over 6,000 passengers where we've boarded as early as 10:30 AM for a regular balcony cabin.

Yet, on O, in our B1 cabin, we won't board until 1:00 and I guess that the cabin won't be ready until 3:00.  It's not a big deal.  But, what do they do with that time that the other lines don't need?

The crew party 😅

Greetings, Everyone from South Beach. The purpose of Cruise Critic is the exchange of information about, guess what, cruising. Asking about embarkation is seeking information about cruising. Bingo!  Now, back to supplying information. The Port of Miami is 25 minutes from our condo, and most of our cruises begin or end at P of M. When we are feeling Caribbean, round trips are Miami all the way. However, our March 6th Caribbean cruise on Riviera did not use Terminal J even though our Blue Book listed it. The change was clearly marked on port signs, so we just followed directions. The new location was fine. The moral of this story is to always check the signs at the port for changes. They happen. Although going to the wrong terminal isn't fatal, finding yourself in the wrong place after your taxi has departed might be a bit unsettling. It was for a fellow I met on board who had exactly that experience.

Mary

• Like 2

On 9/27/2019 at 4:29 PM, StanandJim said:

+1

- where Passengers who remove  the auto tip are required to dance in their scanties 🥴

Are there people that remove the auto tips?  O has such a great staff that I would think no one removes them, but in a lot of cases adds extra tips.  Can't believe there can be such cheap people on O.  

17 minutes ago, RJB said:

Are there people that remove the auto tips?  O has such a great staff that I would think no one removes them, but in a lot of cases adds extra tips.  Can't believe there can be such cheap people on O.  

They are everywhere 😎