Facial recognizing machines at Port Everglades?

Suzcruz57

HAL just leases the terminals used for embarkation and disembarkation, they are managed by the Port Authority.  Any specialized equipment that US Immigration chooses to implement in passenger clearance would be controlled by DHS, not the individual cruise lines.   But anything that will speed up the long lines after claiming your luggage would be very welcome.   Global Entry really helps beat the lines, but many people do not travel enough to justify the time and expense to get Global Entry.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TAD2005 said:

HAL just leases the terminals used for embarkation and disembarkation, they are managed by the Port Authority.  Any specialized equipment that US Immigration chooses to implement in passenger clearance would be controlled by DHS, not the individual cruise lines.   But anything that will speed up the long lines after claiming your luggage would be very welcome.   Global Entry really helps beat the lines, but many people do not travel enough to justify the time and expense to get Global Entry.

Ok, excellent to know. We have Global Entry. Will bring the cards with us.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FOPMan said:

Port Everglades is usually pretty efficient, regardless. Miami can be a different story.

My last two winter cruises on the K had problems with disembarkation. Customs/Immigration processing was so slow that HAL stopped letting people leave the ship, saying it was better to sit on board than stand in line for an hour. After about a half hour, they resumed calling groups to disembark. 

4 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

A couple of times in Ft Lauderdale, the Global Entry lines were longer than the regular lines.

Don't tell me that! I just got Global Entry and was looking forward to an easy disembarkation. 

The passport app (Mobile Passport or something like that) was great for a few years, but Port Everglades stopped using it. 

57 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

My last two winter cruises on the K had problems with disembarkation. Customs/Immigration processing was so slow that HAL stopped letting people leave the ship, saying it was better to sit on board than stand in line for an hour. After about a half hour, they resumed calling groups to disembark. 

Don't tell me that! I just got Global Entry and was looking forward to an easy disembarkation. 

The passport app (Mobile Passport or something like that) was great for a few years, but Port Everglades stopped using it. 

I used Mobile Passport in February at FLL, got me into the shorter line. YMMV