First Celebrity Cruise - Show times...

Mark_T

Off on our first cruise with Celebrity on Millennium in December.

I've gleaned all the information I can from reading other posts and the Celebrity website/App so I'll try not to repeat all the usual questions 🙂

Regarding the evening theatre show times, I've read 7/9pm, is that the set routine, or does it sometimes change?

Thanks for any feedback.

In the past when Celebrity still had formal nights the evening shows in the theaters were periodically moved to 8 and 10 PM with the shows on non-formal nights at the standard 7 and 9 PM.  However, I am posting from the Constellation on a very port intensive cruise, and the evening shows in the theater have been at 7:30 and 9:30 PM nightly whether it is "evening chic" or casual.

• Thanks 1

Going on a Caribbean cruise in November and in the App it says 7/9 for theatre shows. 

Personally not a fan of those times the 07:30/09:30 was better. It seems they want everyone out of the dinning room so early now making it less enjoyable 😞

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nimiq said:

Personally not a fan of those times the 07:30/09:30 was better. It seems they want everyone out of the dinning room so early now making it less enjoyable 😞

I know what you mean.

We are normally early diners on ships that run 2 sittings, and then off to the early show, but with a 7pm show time we'd need to be there right as the Select Dinning room opens at 5:30pm to be in with a good chance of making it for a 7pm show...

Looks like we'll be switching things around and eating later on those days when we want to catch the show.

• Like 1

Sailed on the Summit in June and September.  Shows were at 7:00 and 9:00 pm.  We had drinks around 6:15 , went to the 7:00 pm show and went to late seating - held at 8:15 pm.  We have done late seating on other Celebrity ships and it was at 8:30 pm.  We liked the 8:15 dining time, because there was very little time between the show and dinner.  We have sailed on 20+ Celebrity cruises and the shows are generally at 7:00 and 9:00 pm.  The 7:00 pm show is less crowded.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Muffinz said:

on Solstice last year the shows were 7pm and 9pm

we would go to a bar and have a drink or 2 at 6pm, then go to the show at 7, then have dinner at 8:30pm and that worked fine for us

We did exactly that on our 2 cruises with Celebrity, and plan to again in 1 month.  Works well for us.  We have Anytime Dining, so easy to just go right after the show is over and be seated for dinner.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DENIE said:

We did exactly that on our 2 cruises with Celebrity, and plan to again in 1 month.  Works well for us.  We have Anytime Dining, so easy to just go right after the show is over and be seated for dinner.

Same for us, so that will be the plan.

Later than we would prefer, but it will work.

Thanks for the comments everyone.