NCL air to Europe...Two day Deviation -- Arrival date?

schmoopie17

If you take the NCL-arranged air to Europe with a two day deviation on the front end, do you ARRIVE two days early or just LEAVE two days early? If you leave two days early, you might arrive one day early, since many flights to Europe are overnight, and this makes a difference when trying to arrange hotels. Since our cruise isn't until May, our flights have not yet been assigned and it would be helpful to know so hotels can be reserved. Thanks...

Edited by schmoopie17

28 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

If you take the NCL-arranged air to Europe with a two day deviation on the front end, do you ARRIVE two days early or just LEAVE two days early? If you leave two days early, you might arrive one day early, since many flights to Europe are overnight, and this makes a difference when trying to arrange hotels. Since our cruise isn't until May, our flights have not yet been assigned and it would be helpful to know so hotels can be reserved. Thanks...

We requested a two day deviation and arrive in Barcelona two days before we sail. 

Thanks for asking this I was wondering the same thing.  We want the 2 day deviation and was wondering what day we would leave.  Ship leaves on a Saturday so I'm assuming we would leave on a wednesday?

I'm faced with the same issue in April 2020 -- coming from the Pacific Northwest to NYC, with the cruise leaving on August 19.  Supposedly all NCL has to do is book you on a flight that gets you to your destination before midnight of the first day of your deviation.  Although you'll be getting in the first day of your deviation, it may be really late at night -- or really early -- but it should be on that specific date.  I would make refundable reservations to fit your possible schedules; once you get your flight arrangements, and before that refundable period ends, you can make the necessary adjustments.

6 minutes ago, TYTY said:

Thanks for asking this I was wondering the same thing.  We want the 2 day deviation and was wondering what day we would leave.  Ship leaves on a Saturday so I'm assuming we would leave on a wednesday?

With no deviation you would leave on Friday afternoon or evening in order to arrive at your ship in time. I see you are in Connecticut. If you select a one day deviation it is possible you could be booked on a Friday morning flight from NYC or Boston that arrives that same evening, one calendar day before departure. I suspect this situation is rare but possible from the northeast. Not possible from most of the rest of the country.

Edited by Paul Bogle

3 hours ago, Paul Bogle said:

I see you are in Arizona. Are there any Arizona departures that arrive in Europe same calendar day? My guess is no.

That doesn't answer my question. My question is: Will we ARRIVE two days prior to embarking, or will our flight LEAVE two days early? Big difference.

For example, if our cruise embarks on Sunday and our flight leaves two days early (Friday,) we would probably arrive on Saturday. That only gives us one day prior to embarking...not two. To arrive two days early, we would most likely need to fly out on Thursday.

Makes a huge difference...

3 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

That doesn't answer my question. My question is: Will we ARRIVE two days prior to embarking, or will our flight LEAVE two days early? Big difference.

For example, if our cruise embarks on Sunday and our flight leaves two days early (Friday,) we would probably arrive on Saturday. That only gives us one day prior to embarking...not two. To arrive two days early, we would most likely need to fly out on Thursday.

Makes a huge difference...

I am sailing on The Epic on Nov. 10th 2019.  I live in Atlanta.  I am booked on Delta/KLM airlines. I leave ATL on Nov. 6, 2019 (Wed).... Arrive Barcelona Nov 7, 2019  (Thu). So I have booked hotel for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.  I was in Barcelona in May and wanted some time there before my Mediterranean cruise.  Problem now seems to be the UNREST in Barcelona.  Not that any US news outlets are reporting on this.  Flight cancellations,  traffic blockages, bonfires in the city, etc.  What will be my recourse with my flights (not arranged through NCL) if the Epic does not depart from Barcelona??  This could be a real mess. I realize no one has a crystal ball but what options would I have if everything were to change at the last minute.  HELP

On 10/20/2019 at 12:29 PM, schmoopie17 said:

We departed for Barcelona in September on Thursday night for a Sunday sail date. We arrived in Barcelona around 9 Friday morning, which gave us 2 days to enjoy Barcelona. I booked our air separately for NCL, but two families in our group did NCL air, and we all arrived around the same time. They requested 2 day, but made sure to make it known that they wanted to depart on Thursday because of the time change.

• Thanks 1