Nepturne Suites Room Service Choices?

GeezerCouple

Can Neptune Suites order room service from the regular Dining Room menu?

Or from Pinnacle Grill (yes, paying the extra fee, of course)?

Or are there restrictions, e.g., only from a "room service menu"?

This is for Noordam, in case it matters.

Also, I'm reading that embarkation day lunch in the MDR might vary by ship (in addition to whether there is a group lunch keeping that venue private that day).  We'd probably prefer to have a relaxing lunch in a 'dining room' on the first day.

Thanks!

GC

All passengers can order dinner from the main dining room menu.  You need to call within an hour of the dining room opening for dinner -- check with the maitre'd on the Noordam as this can vary.  You can request any time for your dinner to be delivered.

Yes you can order dinner from the Pinnacle Grill -- and pay for it -- some ships limit what you can order from them.

Yes -- there are times when the main dining room is closed at lunch time on embarkation day.  It has happened to us several times.  And I hate that when it happens.  We usually end up making a plate of appetizers and little sandwiches from the Neptune Lounge and taking them back to the cabin.

1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

All passengers can order dinner from the main dining room menu.  You need to call within an hour of the dining room opening for dinner -- check with the maitre'd on the Noordam as this can vary.  You can request any time for your dinner to be delivered.

Yes you can order dinner from the Pinnacle Grill -- and pay for it -- some ships limit what you can order from them.

Yes -- there are times when the main dining room is closed at lunch time on embarkation day.  It has happened to us several times.  And I hate that when it happens.  We usually end up making a plate of appetizers and little sandwiches from the Neptune Lounge and taking them back to the cabin.

DITTO TO WHAT KK HAS SAID! 
Have a wonderful cruise!

Denise😊

If you are booked in a Neptune, the people in there will be happy to make any dining room arrangements for you including in-room dining.  You can call the Neptune Lounge or drop by and speak with whoever is at the desk. 

On one of our cruises last year we wanted to order from the full PG menu but a call to room service told us we HAD to order from the limited room service menu.  I said thank you and hung up the phone.  We then walked down to the lounge and asked the Concierge if it was possible.  She said “Of course” then picked up the phone and placed our order.  Don’t underestimate what your Neptune Lounge Concierges can do for you.  They are a great resource.

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

You can order you main course for one time and order dessert and coffee for a later time. I've done that. It resulted in a call from room service to verify that I was placing two separate orders, but they did it. 

What a great idea.  Cold desserts remain chilled/warm desserts stay hot ordering this way.  Next cruise we'll try it.  Thanks.  Of course, it's common sense, but it seems I lack the common sense to think of it.  LOL.

10 minutes ago, sevenseasnomad said:

What a great idea.  Cold desserts remain chilled/warm desserts stay hot ordering this way.  Next cruise we'll try it.  Thanks.  Of course, it's common sense, but it seems I lack the common sense to think of it.  LOL.

That move was driven by DH's choice of a dessert with ice cream on it.

We also got dessert from room service ordered by our MDR waiter. I had fallen on a tour and my back was in bad shape. I didn't want much to eat, so I ordered a sandwich. I sent DH to dinner, no point in him missing a nice meal. When he arrived alone, he explained what happened. When he got the dessert menu, he said, "Oh, no, my wife will be so disappointed to miss your strudel." The waiter replied that I would NOT miss it, and he ordered strudel for me and whatever DH wanted, and had them sent to the room. I hadn't even heard the whole explanation when room service knocked on the door. HAL's service is amazing.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder
  • Like 1