Can I Call RCCL to upgrade?

Hi all,

have a cruise coming up up and booked an ocean view balcony. I noticed a JS would only be a few hundred more on the total. Was wondering if I could call Royal and pay the difference and change the reservation? I saw the RoyalUP email, but I would prefer to do it in advance. 

Thanks!

1 minute ago, 90007012 said:

Hi all,

have a cruise coming up up and booked an ocean view balcony. I noticed a JS would only be a few hundred more on the total. Was wondering if I could call Royal and pay the difference and change the reservation? I saw the RoyalUP email, but I would prefer to do it in advance. 

Thanks!

That’s the way we have done it in the past.  We always call the Crown & Anchor dept for a little bit better service...1-800-526-9723

Just now, GTO-Girl said:

That’s the way we have done it in the past.  We always call the Crown & Anchor dept for a little bit better service...1-800-526-9723

Thanks for that! I may give them a call tomorrow. I believe I should just have to pay the price differential? Thanks again!!

3 minutes ago, 90007012 said:

Hi all,

Thanks!

Yes, as long as you are not booked with a Travel Agent.  If that's the situation,  you need to call them

Just now, 90007012 said:

Thanks for that! I may give them a call tomorrow. I believe I should just have to pay the price differential? Thanks again!!

Not necessarily,  it might be the current difference between your existing cabin and the new cabin. And in some cases the upgrade price might be for new bookings. Good luck

If they say just new bookings, wait a day and call again. Often the new bookings only rule disappears after a day or two.

We were once turned down for an upgrade until I told them we had two hump balconies. After a brief hold, we were able to pay a minimal upgrade fee and were moved to junior suites.  That was before Royal Up though. Good luck. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, as long as you are not booked with a Travel Agent.  If that's the situation,  you need to call them

This is good advice as they will not work with you.  If not, should be a simple process but as mentioned, pricing could be slightly different depending on the terms of the current promo.  Worst that happens is you don’t upgrade and enjoy the balcony!