Spirit in Drydock Pics

RYPERO

I'd love to see the pics. We are going on Spririt in April 07. For some reason, when I get to the site, all I can get is a gray blank area where the pic should be. Does anyone know if there's a certain "plug-in" needed to view pics on this site? It's happened to me before.

Thanks

Ken

Try Macromedia and get the Flash software

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flashplayer/

if that doesnt do it, update your video drivers.

mom23,

On this dry dry, I understand the inside is getting new carpets, fabrics, bedding,etc. I believe this is the first major drydock since she joined the fleet.

I look forward to seeing what was done inside....we board in 15 days!

rypero, the pix are great. We all appreciate your efforts to keep us informed. Hmmmmm......Looks like there were lights on in the area near our cabin--aft, panorama deck...must be making our balcony larger!!!:D :D

Has anyone else hear about the bedding upgrade? I believe CARNIVAL'S going in the direction of the HAL bedding. (Gee, I hope so! Beds on HAL are so wonderful.)

Well if they're not doing anything why would they be losing so much $$$ not selling cruises. They're probably fixing up the inside. It's out of the water to inspect the hull probably. Do pod overhauls or whatever the propellors are attached to.

We were on the Spirit (southbound) in Alaska in Aug.,2005, and there were noticeable vibrations shaking the ship. We had read on these boards that there were some itinerary modifications on other cruises because the Spirit collided with some ice(bergs?) and damaged the props earlier that summer.

The ship's speed was affected and some band-aid repairs were done then.

That is probably why the Spirit is out of the water.

Carol and Rick

Sweet pictures... :-) I have a question about the crew.. Where do they go when the ship is drydock or are they on another ships?

Most of the crew stay on and work, when we were on the NCL Spirit after dry dock the waiter told us that they were working 12-14 hours a day laying carpets and changing out furniture. They were all very tired after the dry dock which I think explains some of the negative reviews for ships after dry dock.

Since we sail her in 2 days anyone know if she is still in San Fransico? Has she set sail back down to San Diego and any info on what "they really did" on board. Will write when we get back about what we can see done too.

Just ready to go on vacation !! Don't you love those new TV ads about "your ready to travel".

I would like vibrator beds like you used to find in Motel 6 and they only cost 25cents?

I haven't been on my first cruise yet (88 days and counting) but if what I read about costs of stuff on the ship, the vibrating bed would probably cost at least $2.50 since everything else seems to be about 10X regular price!

Archived