Allure of the Seas in January 2020

Zack33

Hello all, 

Looking at going on my first (group of 7) RCL cruise in January 2020 (bit of a last minute booking this year, normally we are much more prepared but healthy problems for some didn't allow this to happen). Anyways, I'd love some insights into what one might expect of Allure of the Seas in January. Looking at the January 26th sailing. 

I know Allure is soon due for a major dry-dock renovation, does that mean the ship will be a little less than perfect as they will conserve funds and replacements knowing it'll all be brand new in a few months/weeks. Or am I over thinking this and the ship will be as well kept as always? 

Is Nassau in okay shape yet after the Hurricanes? We went to St. Marteen a couple of years back about 5 months following their major hurricane disaster and members of our group of expressed interest in not going somewhere like that again. What might we expect to see? 

Any advice on excursions or anything to do at Costa Maya, Cozumel or Nassau.....and is Perfect Day at Coco Cay really as awesome as it seems? 

Thanks in advance for helping answer all my questions. 

I will be on the jan 12th sailing and have heard great reviews about allure ots.   Cococay is a great day!  I've been there twice and they keep adding things to do.  We are going to jet skiing this time.  

I am not a big fan of nassau so we are going to stay on ship and go to spa and hang by pool.  I have heard nassau is just fine no damage to worry about.

Cozumel. We booked a beach day pass at a resort.  In the past we visited the Mayan ruins.  That is a good tour if everyone okay to walk on uneven ground

Costa maya we booked catamaran sail but they have a beautiful port with a pool and lounge trails along with shops and restaurants.   The bird aviary is a nice tour right at port too

Have fun!!

1 hour ago, Zack33 said:

Hello all, 

Looking at going on my first (group of 7) RCL cruise in January 2020 (bit of a last minute booking this year, normally we are much more prepared but healthy problems for some didn't allow this to happen). Anyways, I'd love some insights into what one might expect of Allure of the Seas in January. Looking at the January 26th sailing. 

I know Allure is soon due for a major dry-dock renovation, does that mean the ship will be a little less than perfect as they will conserve funds and replacements knowing it'll all be brand new in a few months/weeks. Or am I over thinking this and the ship will be as well kept as always? 

Is Nassau in okay shape yet after the Hurricanes? We went to St. Marteen a couple of years back about 5 months following their major hurricane disaster and members of our group of expressed interest in not going somewhere like that again. What might we expect to see? 

Any advice on excursions or anything to do at Costa Maya, Cozumel or Nassau.....and is Perfect Day at Coco Cay really as awesome as it seems? 

Thanks in advance for helping answer all my questions. 

Royal keeps their ships in very good shape.

Thanks everyone! I've read some reviews and am glad to hear from loyal Royal cruisers that it'll be great! So far, I've been on Princess cruises and Celebrity cruises, and am very excited to try a large ship like Allure. 

We were on Allure in March.  We had a wonderful cruise.  Great crew, one of the best actually.  And the condition of the ship was great (typical Royal Caribbean).  I'm sure if you want to find worn carpeting or some areas that need some cosmetic touch ups you can, but I sure didn't see any.  

We also did a cruise on Harmony last month.  Coco Cay was great!  No signs of any hurricane damage at all.  

As you said, you might be "overthinking" this.  You'll have a great cruise!  Enjoy.  

Allure was fine in October.  For Cozumel try Best Cozumel Sail and Snorkel.  Leaves from marina just south of the Carnival pier.  Took about 40 minutes to walk there from Allure (or you could take a cab).  We booked through Shore Excursioneer.  Had 5 guests and 3 crew, but they usually take 12 people.