Cozumel Dolphin Swim Questions

august1963

We would like to book the Cozumel Dolphin Swim with Unlimited Food and Drinks for $125 pp.  Can anyone tell me what beach this is located on?  How far from the Carnival pier?  

If you have 4 people in your party and only 2 want to swim with the dolphins, but the other 2 only want to go along, is that possible?  How would that work?

Thanks, Deb

5 hours ago, august1963 said:

We would like to book the Cozumel Dolphin Swim with Unlimited Food and Drinks for $125 pp. 

Can anyone tell me what beach this is located on?  How far from the Carnival pier?  

Hi August1963 ☺️

The dolphin swim, 'Dolphin Discovery Cozumel' is located on Chankanaab Beach. The park is less than four miles south of the cruise port. 5 to 10 minutes by taxi. 

🌴

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Several years ago my family did the dolphin swim at the Dolphinaris in Cozumel.. It was a few minutes from the dock by van. At that time they had a parent and child deal so my wife and child did that and I paid $30 to go as an observer.  Call Carnival and see if they still have the observer ticket.  Good luck and enjoy.  

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

On 11/2/2019 at 7:45 AM, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi August1963 ☺️

The dolphin swim, 'Dolphin Discovery Cozumel' is located on Chankanaab Beach. The park is less than four miles south of the cruise port. 5 to 10 minutes by taxi. 

🌴

Beautiful park.  

On 11/2/2019 at 6:45 AM, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi August1963 ☺️

🌴

On 11/2/2019 at 8:56 AM, Purvis1231 said:

Several years ago my family did the dolphin swim at the Dolphinaris in Cozumel.. It was a few minutes from the dock by van. At that time they had a parent and child deal so my wife and child did that and I paid $30 to go as an observer.  Call Carnival and see if they still have the observer ticket.  Good luck and enjoy.  

1 hour ago, kayehall said:

Beautiful park.  

There is some confusing information in this thread.

There are two locations for swimming with dolphins on Cozumel - Dolphinaris (towards town) and Chankanaab (south of piers, with lots of other activities).

OP, I am not sure which cruise line you are on but a quick Google of your title gave me a Carnival excursion and one of the reviews mentioned Dolphinaris?

I would Google both locations and see which better suits your needs. My daughter and grandson recently did the encounter at Chankanaab and I agree it is a beautiful place with pool and extra activities. They did get lunch and some drinks included but this was with Royal Caribbean.

You will need to read the descriptions carefully to see where you are booking. I believe both places allow observer tickets. In the case of Chankanaab we booked park entrance tickets independently with online coupon. The cruise line price did include transport but we took our own taxi and met up at the park. The observers are far from the action.

Edited by c-leg5