Diamond Party

MNLIvin

We will be Diamond on our upcoming cruises and I just realized I have no idea what they do at the Diamond gathering that is different than the Platinum Party. Also, is it one or the other or will it be invited to both? Thank you.

36 minutes ago, MNLIvin said:

We will be Diamond on our upcoming cruises and I just realized I have no idea what they do at the Diamond gathering that is different than the Platinum Party. Also, is it one or the other or will it be invited to both? Thank you.

The combo party  is typically the last day and you would be incited to both.  The Diamond event is usually much smaller people wise and is up to the Capt (usually someone under him) to decide on the day and time.  Very casual opportunity to meet and talk to senior staff and usually includes a pic with the capt.  We have had cocktails and apps and deserts in the piano bar, tea on the bridge, luncheons (with big groups like on a journey cruise and even a cat and the hat breakfast.   We REALLY enjoy this opportunity and perk. 

As Jimbo said, the Captain's Diamond party can be anything from an intimate get together with the Captain and his officers to a formal brunch in a dining room for a 100 diamonds, depending on the cruise. 

At the smaller gatherings, I've chatted with the Captain about our Grandma's Italian recipes we remember from our childhood, at the larger ones, just a quick hello and picture op.  At the larger brunches, sometimes the officers split up and have 2 at each table, once or twice they all sat together with the Captain.  We much preferred the former.

We were invited once by the Maitre'D to dine with the Captain and his officers and one other couple in the MDR late seating - that was a special treat.  The past guest party lost some of its appeal after being in a few of the Captain's Diamond party, especially for us non-drinkers.

We have been to several Diamond special events as guests of friends who are Diamonds. I think that is the best perk associated with being a Diamond. Too often it seems the CD tries to get the P&D party over with as quickly as possible. Sort of similar to what Evandbob said, the P&D party loses some of its appeal when you have Cheers, which we buy every cruise. 

First, congrats on reaching Diamond! 200 days on one cruise line is quite a feat. As mentioned above, the Diamond event can be a multitude of things, mostly decided by the amount of Diamonds aboard your cruise. We have been the only Diamonds aboard and had an intimate brunch with the Captain and his family who were aboard at the time. We have also been aboard with over two hundred fellow Diamonds on Journeys cruises and had a galley tour and luncheon. Our favorite event ever was being invited to be on the bow of the Carnival Splendor at 7 am in the morning as we sailed into Honolulu, Hawaii on a Journeys cruise. There were all the mimosas and bloody Mary's you wanted, a continental breakfast, and the violin trio was playing. That was freaking awesome! As stated above, you will still be invited to the VIFP Platinum / Diamond Party. Enjoy!! :classic_smile:

18 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

We have been to several Diamond special events as guests of friends who are Diamonds. I think that is the best perk associated with being a Diamond. Too often it seems the CD tries to get the P&D party over with as quickly as possible. Sort of similar to what Evandbob said, the P&D party loses some of its appeal when you have Cheers, which we buy every cruise. 

Agree it is the best perk.  

17 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

First, congrats on reaching Diamond! 200 days on one cruise line is quite a feat. As mentioned above, the Diamond event can be a multitude of things, mostly decided by the amount of Diamonds aboard your cruise. We have been the only Diamonds aboard and had an intimate brunch with the Captain and his family who were aboard at the time. We have also been aboard with over two hundred fellow Diamonds on Journeys cruises and had a galley tour and luncheon. Our favorite event ever was being invited to be on the bow of the Carnival Splendor at 7 am in the morning as we sailed into Honolulu, Hawaii on a Journeys cruise. There were all the mimosas and bloody Mary's you wanted, a continental breakfast, and the violin trio was playing. That was freaking awesome! As stated above, you will still be invited to the VIFP Platinum / Diamond Party. Enjoy!! :classic_smile:

The Hawaii one sounds super special, need to work on that (prob will not be on the Splendor).  

I just sailed a B2B on the Splendor (Mexico and TP). On the Mexico leg, there were few Diamonds and there was a small event held in the Robusto Lounge with snacks and drinks. On the TP, there was a large group, and we were treated to the Mad Hatters Tea Party. It was fabulous!! We also were invited to the bow of the ship, sailing into Honolulu. It was raining that day, but it sure didn’t affect the fun everyone had.